21

"Well well look who's sober."

Was the first sentence Donghyuck was greeted to when he entered the kitchen.

He ignored the voice in favor of filling up a cup of water and grabbing the container of pain.

"So where'd you get the alcohol?" Mark asked again, sitting at the chair at the head of the table like his adoptive mother was yesterday. The reminders making him want to choke.

"Bitch I'm talking to you," Mark snapped at him. "Are you fucking deaf?"

"A friend," Donghyuck landed on an answer. Details weren't important but the need for it was.

"And who would that be?" Mark smirked leaning back in his chair. "Maybe ill exploit that for my own personal use."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes but soon regretted it when Mark looked ready to get up and punch him.

"That friend," He diverted the attention to the small plastic card he flipped across the table. Mark picking it up with intrigue.

"A fake id?" Mark raised an eyebrow at that. "Now what the hell would you of all people need a fake id for?"

Mark couldn't think of any possible reason for why his B̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶  ugly ass roommate would need a fake-

"Probably the same reasons why you're in a gang," Donghyuck spit out, making Marks eyes widen in anger.

"The fuck did you just say?" Mark got up out of his seat. His heavy footsteps sounding like gunshots in his ears.

"I'm sorry," Donghyuck held an arm in front of his face, ready to get swung at any second. "I h-had a long night and I-i should k-keep my mouth s-shut here."

He closed his eyes and prepared for a hit but one never came.

"Thats right," Mark huffed before taking a step back from Donghyuck.

He blinked.

"Why did you come home late?" Mark asked, playing with a fruit he had picked up from the table.

"I had to take care of something..." Donghyuck mumbled not wanting to go into details. "Im sorry I came back drunk though."

"I don't care about that," Mark shook his head. "Just make sure you keep yourself in check next time."

Donghyucks eyes widened: "Did I do something?"

Mark rolled his eyes at the younger.

"You came in, bitched about some lady then cried cause your shoes wouldn't come off," Mark finished with his usual frown.

Donghyuck nodded his head. He had nothing to add to make that explanation better.

"Tell me in advance when you're leaving," Mark glared at Donghyuck and pushed him back with a rough hand. "I dont like my food fucking cold."

Donghyuck closed his eyes when his back hit the countertop. Mark scoffed at him before making his way to the kitchen doorway, only stopping when Donghyuck spoke again.

"I don't have your number..." Donghyuck said in a whisper.

Mark turned back around and glared at him making Donghyuck wince.

"Give me your phone," Marks deep voice rang in Donghyucks ears.

Donghyuck fumbled to get the device out of his pocket and almost dropped it before handing it over to Mark, who yanked it out of his hand.

"Don't call or text me for stupid shit," Mark spat before tossing Donghyucks phone back to him.

Donghyuck sighed and looked at his phone.

He choked.

Daddy 🚬

Was written as Marks contact.

Donghyuck flushed and quickly changed it to match his cute contact names aesthetic.

Watermelon 🍉

------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey who's that over there?" Renjun pointed out from across the lunchroom to a boy sitting at a table by himself.

"That's Na Jaemin," Jisung said from next to Chenle. When did he start sitting there?

"He's in my math class," Donghyuck chimed in, staring at the boy by himself. His head and heart tilting when he saw the large bruises on the boys neck. "I haven't talked to him because he's quiet but he seems really sweet."

"I heard he's been tutoring Jeno Lee," Chenle took a sip from his drink. "Maybe that's why he's always alone."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes at that. That was stupid. Nobody should have to be alone because of a Lee boy.

"Donghyuck? Dude what are you-" Renjun asked but Donghyuck was already making his way across the room with his lunch tray.

"Hi. Jaemin-ssi, right?" Donghyuck put on a soft smile as the younger looked up at him in suprise.

Jaemin slowly nodded his head.

"Is it alright if I sit with you?" Donghyuck asked carefully, not wanting to make the boy uncomfortable.

Jaemin hesitated but nodded again.

Donghyuck beamed and sat down in front of him. "Here."

Donghyuck offered him half of his sandwich when he saw the pinkette didnt have a lunch.

Jaemin shook his head and raised his hand to push the sandwich away.

"I insist," Donghyuck smiled softly while looking into the boys brown eyes, trying to show how genuine he was.

Jaemin hesitantly took the sandwich with a small "...thank you, Donghyuck-ssi."

"You can call me Donghyuck or hyuck or haechan or anything you'd like really," Donghyuck began to eat his sandwich, hoping it would make Jaemin relax and eat his too.

Jaemin looked at him nervously and began to take small nibbles out of his sandwich.

"Im sorry if this is random," Donghyuck apologized. "I've been planning on talking to you for a while. We have math class together. I always planned on coming to sit with you or invite you to sit with me."

Jaemins eyes were a bit wide but he immediately looked down at his sandwich. "...you...don't....have to."

"I know I don't," Donghyuck smiled at him again. "But I want to."

Jaemin gripped a little harder onto his sandwich.

"...thank you..." Jaemin said with a nod.

"I heard about your friendship with Jeno," Donghyuck winked at the younger. "I just hope its not the same dynamic as mine with Mark."

Jaemin immediately shook his head. "He's....nice."

"That's good then Jaemin-ssi," Donghyuck nodded in reassurance.

"Don't..." Jaemin spoke, making Donghyuck lean closer to hear. "You don't have...to call me..Jaemin-ssi..."

"How bout Nana?" Donghyuck leaned closer with a raised brow. "Friends call each other nicknames."

Jaemin's eyes widened farther than Donghyucks ever seen. The younger clearly taken aback by the nickname.

"I like that," Jaemin said breathlessly.

Donghyuck smiled at that, the younger finally completing a sentence without stopping. His voice was almost at a normal volume too.

Donghyuck giggled but stopped when his eyes came to look at the bruise on Jaemin's neck.

"Will you come with me for a moment Nana?" Donghyuck asked gently.