20

"I thought you don't like talking," Chenle looked at Jisung skeptically. 

"I don't," Jisung shrugged as they walked towards the ice cream stand.

"Then why are we here?" Chenle crossed his arms over his chest as they moved further up in line.

After yesterday night, Chenle ran out of the studio with his bag. He left Jisung in the studio alone to proceed to overthink everything that just happened.

Jisung CALLED him and INVITED out somewhere.

Chenle wasn't going to lie.

It was fishy as fuck.

But he guess he expected it, most people don't witness someone have a mental breakdown and forget about it.

He guesses he was hoping that Jisung would. That he would forget about everything Chenle blabbed and forget that Chenle was anything but the bubbly and loud boy he's always been.

"Can I get one scoop of mint chip?" Jisung asked the cashier who nodded and turned his attention to Chenle.

"Hi can I please get one scoop of raspberry ice cream with chocolate drizzle?" Chenle asked with a smile.

Jisung rolled his eyes at the amount of pep in Chenle's voice. Like who is that polite when ordering ice cream?

(A/N: alot of people Pwark...)

After they got their ice cream, Jisung led them towards one of the plastic picnic tables sitting on the side of the stand.

Chenle didn't say anything and licked his ice cream but Jisung was stubborn too and didn't say anything either.

"What are we doing here?" Chenle cut in after a while. Part of him wanted to curl up in a ball at home and sleep. Thank you very much.

"Having ice cream," Jisung said, stating the obvious as he licked his ice cream.

"No shit sherlock," Chenle rolled his eyes at him. "Why did you invite me with you?"

"I thought you would want to come out here is all..." Jisung shrugged his shoulder as if he didn't care.

"Look if this is about yesterday then don't worry about it," Chenle was getting fed up. "I don't need your pity."

Jisung stared at Chenle with no emotion and Chenle was about to get up and leave when Jisung finally spoke.

"I'm not pitying you," Jisung concluded. He wouldn't pity someone. He isn't and never has been that type of guy.

"Yeah then what are you doing then?" Chenle asked again. His heart aching for the comfort of home. A safe haven away from everything right now. Only an unsafe spot to the person in his head.

"You have depression," Jisung looked him in the eyes. Their eye contact not breaking even as Chenle's eyes widened.

They sat in silence for a moment before Chenle broke it quickly.

"So what?" Chenle huffed, his frustration showing by the pink dusting his cheeks. "That doesn't make me any less then-"

"I do too," Jisung said, he hasn't taken his eyes of Chenle. He hasn't changed his fave or his tone either.

What was his deal?

Chenle's stared at him with wide eyes but soon narrowed. He didn't believe it.

"I don't believe you," Chenle shook his head at Jisung.

"You hear those voices in your head that throw you down. Force you to bend to their will," Jisung continued to eat his ice cream naturally. "Anything and everything can turn into a blown attack."

Chenle felt every word hit into his soul. He has felt that every single day of his life since he started High School.

The random attacks of depressive thoughts and anxiousness killing every good fiber of his being.

"You...you feel that too?" Chenle tilted his head at the younger. His heart clenching with the thought that someone might understand.

Jisung nodded his head and ate his ice cream properly: "4 years strong."

"Me too," Chenle nodded his head slowly and ate his ice cream.

They both sat in silence for the rest of the time. Being in each other's presence was enough because they realized that someone related.

Chenle realized that the peaceful person he always saw...was going through the same unpeaceful things he was.