37

A/N: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! I hope you all have a beautiful day 😚💖

Jeno sat Jaemin sideways on his lap in the backseat of the car. Mark being kind enough to drive his bike home for him because he couldn't and wouldn't detach himself from Jaemin. Donghyuck granted permission to drive the car back to their apartment.

They all sat in silence as Donghyuck tried to be fast but avoid too much movement so it wouldn't jolt the still sniffling boy.

Jeno cradled the boy gently against his chest. Jaemins we cheek resting on his chest and Jeno's jaw rested against the youngers forehead.

Jeno felt his heart ripping to shreds at the images he saw.

Jaemin screaming and crying, bent over the couch with no clothes on but his underwear.

He was scared when he saw Jaemin fall to the ground and sob like he didnt know anything else. He didnt even know if Jaemin could recognize him. The poor boys brain filled up with to many negative emotions.

He came in with fiery fists blazing. Jeno would never hurt anyone unnecessarily.

Did Jeno beat the shit out of a middle aged drunk man?

Yes he did.

Did Mark end up lending a hand?

Yes he did.

But Jeno would never hit a woman, so he had to grudgingly had to yell in her face before storming out the door to see his lovely Nana crying his heart out in Donghyucks arms.

He need the boy safe with him.

Jeno looked down and saw a fresh burn mark on the boys shoulder and Jeno gritted his teeth as he swept his finger over it.

"Jeno!" Donghyuck glared at him through the rearview mirror.

He didn't realize he had tightened his hold on Jaemin until the younger let out a scared and pained shriek against his chest. He felt Jaemin start tearing up again and his shoulders shake.

"No no I'm sorry," Jeno apologized softly, stroking Jaemins hair at the back of his neck. "Please don't cry. I didn't meant to. I'm sorry sweetheart. Nono-hyung's sorry."

He felt Jaemin's shaking calm a little and his fingers held on tighter to Jeno's shirt.

"Shhh," Jeno soft voice whispered against him,his nose and lips pressed to his forehead and hairline.

Jaemin relaxed and didnt even register Jeno carrying him into the elevator and into the apartment until he set him down on the bed.

"Go get me the first aid kit please," Jeno turned to Donghyuck in the doorway before turning back to Jaemin.

Jaemin sat up slowly on the bed with the help of Jeno and he felt the older rub circles on the back of his hands.

"Can you hear me now love?" Jeno asked from his place on the floor, where he was kneeling down in front of the younger.

Jaemin nodded his head, his words might fail him at this point.

Donghyuck came back in and handed Jeno the first aid kit before looking at Jaemin.

"You can stay here tonight Jaemin-ah," Donghyuck leaned forward and pressed a kiss to the top of Jaemins head. "Make yourself at home and I'm right across the hall if you want or need anything. I'll make sure to get my Jaemin hug in the morning."

Jaemin felt a lump in his throat when Donghyuck smiled softly at him and walk out of the room. He didnt know why but the brunette reminded him of a mother. A sweeter one than he had.

He missed his old mother. The one that used to give him warm hugs and tell him she loved him.

"Jaemin-ah?"

Jaemin turned back to reality when Jeno placed a hand on the back of his calf and rubbed it up and down.

"You can go to sleep after I take care of your injuries or we can talk or whatever you want ok?" Jeno asked slowly, his puppy dog looking made Jaemin feel a bit more reassured.

Jaemin nodded his head.

"Im gonna need you to take your shirt off-"

"No," Jaemin shot up at that, he didnt want his (Jeno's) jacket taken away from him. "Mine. No, please don't take it."

Jaemin backed up defensively and grabbed onto the sides of the jacket and pulled it closer to him.

Jeno caught Jaemin's hand lightly and gently pulled Jaemin back to a sitting position.

"Im not taking it Jaemin-ah," Jeno peered into his fragile eyes. "You can even hold it while I take care of your injuries. I just need you to slip it off for a minute or so."

Jaemin's chin wobbled but he slowly took the jacket off but kept a tight hand on it.

Jaemin's face contorted into confusion when he saw Jeno's frown get deep and anger blaze in his eyes.

Jaemin looked down at his body and he felt scared.

Their were bruises all over him. Cigarette marks dotted all over him, cuts and digs from his mothers nails, bruises up his arms and torso and the worst detail was the fresh hand Marks near his waist.

"It's ugly," Jaemin whispered as he looked down at himself. "Im sorry..."

"It is ugly," Jeno brought his hand up to stroke the hand marks. "Ugly marks on a beautiful soul. But they'll go away and  you can continue to be beautiful all on your own."

Jaemin sniffled as Jeno began to gently take car of his body. Smoothing on creams and bandages, some making him hiss and others making him feel more mentally hurt.

Jeno helped him slip on the jacket afterwards and he held Jaemin lie on the bed.

"Do you want to be alone?" Jeno asked as he helped Jaemin get under the soft covers.

Jaemin began to panic. He didnt want to be alone, alone meant pain and pain meant that Jeno wasn't there.

"Hyung no,please don't go," Jaemins glassy eyes looked up at Jeno with such intense sadness that Jeno immediately climbed into the bed next to Jaemin.

"Everything's gonna be alright," Jeno whispered to him and held his hand under the covers. "I'll keep you safe from now on-"

Jeno was cut off by Jaemin's phone, a loud alarm blaring from it.

Jeno turned over and grabbed Jaemins phone.

It was the same alarm he didnt get to finish reading that night at the Cafe.

Beating #4

Everything in Jeno dropped at that. How dare those horrible fuckers beat someone so precious?

Jeno turned back to Jaemin, who was looking down and away from Jeno.

Jeno slowly turned back to him and stuck his index finger out so he could stroke down Jaemins little nose.

"Boop," Jeno booped the tip of Jaemins nose and smiled, trying to make the younger feel more relaxed.

Jaemin gave him a small smile.

"...boop..." Jaemin whispered as he leaned in and gave Jeno's nose a little kiss.

He pulled away and sofly laughed at Jeno's flustered look before moving his head under Jeno's chin.

"Thank you...for saving me..." Jaemin mumbled sleepily.

"I'd always come to save you," Jeno sighed before kissing the boys temple before they both fell asleep.