58

"Hi beautiful," Mark murmured as he sat next to Donghyuck, throwing an arm around the brunettes shoulders.

"What are you doing here ditcher? I thought school wasn't your scene," Donghyuck teased and held onto the hand over his shoulder. He secretly loved the way Mark seemed to be getting more comfortable being with him, not bothering with the stares and questions. 

Don't get it wrong though. Mark would still glare someone down but now he does it with Donghyuck at his side. He's the same person, Scary Mark Lee, but he is now Scary Mark Lee that developed a soft spot for Lee Donghyuck.

Mark smirked before looking at their friends at the table, noticing none of them were looking at them. He pulled Donghyuck closer to him as whispered into his ear, "It's not but I like being seen with you."

Donghyuck felt his face turn red when Mark nibbled on his ear before letting out a groan and hitting him on the shoulder.

"Get a room," Renjun coughed quickly before looking back down at his phone.

"Where's Jen?" Donghyuck asked Jaemin, ignoring Renjun's comment. "Nana, did you give him your present yet?"

"Ah I haven't seen him yet...I put it on his bag in the locker room," Jaemin said shyly before his nervousness kicked in. "Was that a good idea? or should I have given it to him in person?"

"He said he'd be a little late to lunch because he was talking to his coach about something for their next game," Mark said as he stole a carrot out of Donghyuck's lunchbox and munched on it. "He might see it before he leaves but I don't know if he checks his bag any other time but practice."

"There is still time if you wanna go grab it and give it to him," Donghyuck tilted his head to the side with a knowing smile on his face. 

"Should I?... are you sure he'll like it?" Jaemin had a cute but insecure pout on his face as he went back and forth between his options.

"Jeno?" Mark barked out a loud incredulous laugh. "Not like something? From Na Jaemin of all people?"

"WHAT he means to say-" Donghyuck smacked Mark's chest. "He'll love it."

Jaemin took a deep breath before smiling and giving them a small wave to say that he would be right back. 

"What's the present?" Renjun asked curiously after the pinkette left the lunch room.

"Ohh I just helped him make a little something for Jeno," Donghyuck beamed while thinking about when Jaemin asked for his help. "He was soo cute when he asked me too! He shuffled into my room and was like '...Channie...i'm sorry to bother you...but can you help me with something...' And I swear I wanted to pinch his cheeks right then and there-"

"If Jeno's getting a present then can I get one too?" Mark cut off Donghyuck's small gush. 

Renjun snorted before shaking his head. "I think your dogs jealous Haechannie." 

"I am not jealous-" Mark started to say quickly as Donghyuck and Renjun laughed because he didn't even deny the dog part. 

"It's ok to be jealous bubs," Donghyuck teased with a wink as he nudged his elbow jokingly into Marks side. "I know I'm amazing." 

Mark rolled his eyes and huffed as he leaned his head onto his hand on the table. "I hate you guys."

"Do you?" Donghyuck asked and Mark turned to look at him. Donghyuck's eyes were raised and there was amusement written all over his face, not a drop of seriousness to the question because he knew the answer.

But Mark still answered honestly,

"No, I don't."

Donghyuck smiled  before leaning in and whispering a promised gift to Mark when they got home. One that made Renjun want to puke but honestly he had promised his own boyfriend something just like it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Jaemin got the locker room quickly and spotted Jeno's blue duffle bag sitting against the wall. The red wrapped box still sitting on the top, untouched and unmoved from the same spot Jaemin left it in. 

He smiled and opened it for a minute, looking at the contents of the box before placing the lid back on it and holding it to his chest. 

He began to turn around but soon froze when he heard loud voices and footsteps enter the locker room. Some boys from the baseball team were making their way in after a small lunch practice outside, still fresh in their shoes, gloves and bats. 

"Oohh, what do we have here?" One of the boys stepped forward in front of Jaemin, he couldn't recall correctly but he thinks the boys name is Minho.

Jaemin kept his head down, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone he didn't know. 

"Who's that for angel?" Minho teased as he tried to grab the box out of Jaemin's hand but Jaemin panicked and pulled it closer to himself. 

"....please...leave me alone..." Jaemin whispered out but soon had to take steps back when Minho began to corner him. The other boys in the room laughing at the scene infront of them.

"I know that jacket," Minho smirked at the jacket Jaemin was wearing, it was a familiar black one that Jeno Lee was known for wearing but most people hadn't seen him with it lately. "So you're the new boyfriend of Jeno? Wow who would've thought he would settle with such a timid one."

'Settle.'

Ouch.

"You know," Minho began to walk closer to Jaemin and Jaemin felt his back hit the wall of lockers behind him. "Jeno really pissed us off when he didn't play for the baseball team this year. He decided to play basketball of all fucking things. We haven't won a game yet because of him."

Jaemin could hear the anger rising in Minho's voice and it made him wince. It reminded him of how his mothers words would build up and then all her anger would burst at him.

"...That has...nothing to do with me..." Jaemin whispered out but soon shut his mouth when a fist was slammed next to his head.

"Shut the fuck up," Minho yelled before smiling at Jaemin's scared face. "You know, I would be a lot less pissed off if I could get revenge on Mr. Popular."

"Wouldn't we all man," One of the other boys in the room laughed.

Jaemin felt his heart race the more Minho stared at him, his eyes trailing up and down Jaemin's body. 

"You have a pretty face," Minho smirked at him before backing up a step. "I bet Jeno thinks so too."

Jaemin took a breath when he backed up but it soon hitched when he felt a piece of metal under his chin lift his head up.

Minho had his metal baseball bat pointed at his face, the cold metal pushing Jaemin's head back and cornering him further into the wall.

"I wonder how he would feel if I broke it," Minho smirked and all the boys in the room let out an 'oooo' before settling back for the show. 

Jaemin felt fear course threw his veins as the baseball bat was pushed harder into the top of his neck.

"You have ten seconds to figure out an escape plan angel," Minho leaned closer as his smirk grew. "Or I get to do what baseball players do best...I swing."