49

Jaemin almost fell off the lunch table bench when someone sat across from him and touched his hand.

His head shot up with wide surprised eyes when he saw Donghyuck sitting across from him, just as shocked by Jaemin jumping.

"W-what are you doing?" Jaemin put his hand on his heart.

"Im sitting with you!" Donghyuck smiled as though it was obvious. "Jen should be here soon, I saw him talking to Mr.Kim before I came down."

Jaemin was so fricken confused.

"Why?" He rushed out, he honestly had no idea what was going on.

"I dont know? I mean he could be yelling at Jeno for anything but probably not paying attention-" Donghyuck chewed slowly when he saw Jaemin shake his head. "Then what are you talking about?"

"...why...are you...sitting with me?" Jaemin's brows were furrowed and he had a little confused pout on his face that made Donghyuck squeal internally.

"I thought we've been over this Jaemin-ah?" Donghyuck smiled with his mouth full of food as he wiped his fingers off on a napkin. "We're friends hun."

"So...you want to sit with me?" Jaemin felt his heart squeezing with the thought that he did have a friend. A friend that wants to be near him.

"Everyday," Donghyuck winked at him and passed over an extra juice box he packed for lunch.

"HYUNGIEEEE!" A loud screech made them turn to see a group of people walking towards them.

A small blonde one ran up to Donghyuck and hugged his shoulders from behind. "Hi lele-"

"He won't stop following me hyung!" The blonde whined and pointed a finger at a tall boy who looked exasperated.

"What-" Donghyuck was cut off by another brunette boy.

"Don't bother hyuck," They said before sitting next to Donghyuck while patting his shoulder.

"Ah!" The small blonde yelled again and stared at Jaemin for a second. "You're the pretty one Jeno-hyung posted!"

Jaemin blushed and nodded his head hesitantly, he turned his eyes down towards the table.

He's never had to interact with so many people at once.

"I'm sorry if I made you nervous!" The blonde sat next to him and bumped his shoulder lightly into Jaemin's. "I'm Chenle."

The blonde boy smiled brightly and Jaemin felt an emotion burst in his chest.

Too cute. Must protect at all costs.
( ,°~°,)

"...I'm..." Jaemin turned his eyes up quickly and Donghyuck nodded at him with encouragement.

"I'm Jaemin," Jaemin finished fully and tried his best to give the blonde a soft smile.

The blonde giggled before pointing towards the brunette at Donghyucks side. "I dunno if you met anyone else yet but thats Renjun-hyung and then-"

Chenle's face dropped as he pointed to the tall boy who sat down across from him.

"That's a parasite," Chenle huffed as he folded his arms on the table and rested his chin on them.

"That's Jisung," Renjun leaned his head on one hand and sipped on his drink.

Jisung let out a soft smile and Jaemin felt the emotion come back.

Too cute. Must. Protect. Both.
(,°~°,)