61

"What Jen-" Jaemin tried to speak as Jeno pulled him out of the nurses office. "Where are we going?"

Jeno didn't speak and continued to pull Jaemin out the front doors of the school.

"Jeno you have a game to get to-" Jaemin was cut off when the hand on his wrist got tighter.

"M'not going." Was all Jeno said in a deep voice that made Jaemin shudder. The same voice that beat the crap out of many boys earlier in the day.

Jeno pulled them to wear his motorcycle was parked and immediately began putting the helmet on Jaemins head.

"What do you mean you're not going? You need to Jen! You're team needs you dont they-" Jaemin tried to ask while Jeno started the motorcycle but soon flinched when Jeno turned around and yelled.

"Yeah and I need you right now!" Jeno yelled at him, a frustrated look settling on his face as he watched Jaemin flinch back.

"Im sorry," Jeno let out softly and reached for Jaemin's hand. "Just...just come with me."

Jaemin watched Jeno's face, desperation and another emotion laced in his face.

Jaemin just nodded and let Jeno help him on the bike.

They soon pulled up to the small cafe they went to during their first tutoring session.

The same booth and all.

Silence washed between them as they looked at the menus.

Jaemin was honestly a little scared to ask Jeno anything after the way he snapped multiple times today. It wasn't his puppy like boyfriend he was used to.

"Hey...jen?" Jaemin asked carefully and Jeno just hummed in response, not looking up from his menu. "Can...you tell me why...we're out here?"

Jeno felt something hurt in him at how nervous Jaemin sounded. He also knows its his fault that the younger sounded like that.

"You wanted to come here right?" Jeno settled for instead, afraid to speak any of his plaguing thoughts aloud.

"....yeah but..." Jaemin started but trailed off without continuing. "Nevermind..."

Jeno looked at the frown on Jaemins face as he looked down at the table. He watched one of Jaemin's fingers slide up and down, a nervous tick he did when he was thinking.

He was about to speak when he saw Jaemin's finger stop and take a deep breath.

"Jeno, can you please tell me what's wrong?" Jaemin asked in confidence, all of it he gathered slowly trailing out of him with the long silence afterwards. "...please?..."

"Nothing's wrong Nana..." Jeno's voice was clipped in force, as if he was purposely trying to hold back for Jaemin.

"Nono please tell me..." Jaemin slid his fingers loosely into Jeno's from across the table. "You're always there for me. Let me be there for you to hyung."

"He hurt you..." Jeno's voice was quiet, frustrated, vulnerable. "I watched him hurt you."

"You saved me," Jaemin tried to reassure him, not totally understanding why Jeno was so upset. "You took care of them Jen. There is no more reason to be upset-"

"But what if I hadn't seen them? What if I hadn't gotten there in time?" Jeno's hand slipped out of Jaemin's to pull on his hear. "I wouldn't forgive myself for it."

Jaemin tried to reach out for Jeno's hand but Jeno slammed his fist on the table. Making some people in the cafe look at them.

"Jeno please calm down-" Jaemin tried to soothe the black haired boy.