62

Chenle almost jumped out of his skin when there was a knock on his door.

He checked himself again in the mirror again. He tried to calm his thoughts down but he knew they would probably act up the second he opened that door.

"Hey," Jisung said when Chenle opened the door. He looked just as nervous as Chenle which made Chenle feel a bit of comfort.

"Hey," Chenle breathed out and was suprised when Jisung shoved something in his face.

"This is for you," Jisung pushed the purple tulip closer to Chenle.

Chenle took it delicately between his thumb and index finger. Giving in an twirl in amazement before raising it to his nose. The light smell made him smile a bit.

"Thank you," Chenle smiled at the gesture and put it in the vase Kun had put in their living room. "Where are we going?"

Jisung smiled. "You'll see."

Chenle was suprised when he found himself with his toes in the sand, under the stars as the waves rolled onto the beach.

"Y'know I never pictured you as a beach kinda guy," Chenle broke the ice and looked towards the tall boy sitting next to him.

"I'm not," Jisung smiled with a little laugh, looking down at his lap.

"Then why the beach?" Chenle asked as he looked at how pretty the water looked with the moon and stars being reflected into it.

"It reminds me of you," Jisung answered honestly. "Warm and pretty."

"You're stupid," Chenle failed to hide his  smile as he rested his arms on top of his knees.

"I am," Jisung agreed with a laugh. "Y'know it's my turn to talk now..."

Chenle was hoping he wouldn't even bring it up. Not how much of a mess he was when Jisung was in the hospital. Not how Chenle almost ended it all that night. Not how pathetic he looked by clinging onto Jisung. How he told him he loved him...probably pressuring Jisung to say it back with his tears.

"You don't have to," Chenle dismissed him. "We can just forget about it."

"I don't want to forget about it," Jisung's fists were clenched. Chenle's eyes shot towards Jisung when he spoke. "You told me you loved me. I don't want to let that go."

"I don't get you," Chenle shook his head and looked at the sky. "I don't understand why you waste your time anymore. I bust my way into your life and then you ended up in the hospital. I don't get how you can just accept that."

"Because I love you," Jisung sat on his knees and faced Chenle.

Chenle didn't look at him but Jisung could see the silent tears slowly rolling down his face.

"Chenle," Jisung whispered and guided Chenle's chin with his finger to look at him. "I was a broken person before I met you. I still am but you are fixing me. You are making me feel whole again. I never wanted friends or any type of true happiness because I always thought it was temporary. So temporary that there was no point in having it."

Chenle finally looked Jisung in the eyes, his eyes still teary but they were looking regardless.

"You came into my life and bothered me in a way only a Zhong Chenle could. I thought it was annoying at first but soon I found myself falling apart without you there. I missed you. I wanted you. I wanted you to be around and just do whatever you wanted to do. I began to love the little clouds above me head and the random sleepovers and gaming sessions. It hurt without you. You captured my heart and broke it when you didn't forgive me that time in the studio," Jisung's voice was getting quieter but it made it more intimate. "That's when I knew I loved you. When something I always knew happened and I wanted to have you back. I actually wanted something in my life and I wanted to fight for it."

Chenle turned his head away and buried it into his arms on top of his knees. His shoulders were shaking and he was clearly holding back sobs but Jisung kept speaking.

"I love you. I love you're smile and your laugh. You're big almond eyes and your fluffy blonde hair. I thought my heart was going to stop when you told me loved me. I know you were crying and everything was probably too much but I wanted to just hold you for the rest of my life right then and there," Jisung smile was watery but he moved to sit in front of Chenle and he cupped Chenle's face in his hands and pulled it up to look at him.

Chenle's face had tears all over it. His eyes still leaking with emotion. The tip of his button nose was red from sniffling and his mouth was still parted with soft sobs.

"You make me want to be better. I want to help you feel better too," Jisung took a deep breath and wipe Chenle's cheeks with his thumbs. "Chenle I love you. Please let me be your boyfriend."

Chenle let out a cry before throwing his arms around Jisungs neck and tackling him back into the sand.

"Yes," He whispered before sobbing the word over and over again. "Yes, yes, yes..."

Jisung snaked his arms around Chenle's waist and smiled.

Love bursting his heart when Chenle pulled away and faced him, his legs on either side of Jisungs waist. Their faces centimeters apart.

"...I love you," Chenle sniffled and gave a watery laugh. "I swear I love you too Jisung Park."

Jisung let the biggest smile ever take over his face before he leaned up on one elbow and kissed Chenle square on the mouth.

His lips were a bit salty due to the tears but he could taste the underlying hit of honey.

Chenle kissed him back gently, his hands clasping onto the front of Jisungs shirt.

They only pulled away from each other when Jisung gasped at a cold sensation.

"What? What-" Chenle asked but busted out laughing when he saw the water had raised and completely swept under Jisung. The boys back and hair completely wet.

Jisung smiled before putting on a fake frown. "Are you laughing at me?"

Chenle giggled before waving his hand. "No."

"I think you are," Jisung smirked with an idea as he latched onto Chenle's waist. "I wanna laugh to."

"No," Chenle warned and tried to get up but Jisung wouldn't let him go. "Jisung NO!"

Jisung ignored Chenle's protests as he threw the boy over his shoulder and ran towards the water and dropping him in.

"AH!" Chenle yelled when he resurfaced, his whole body soaking wet. "You'll pay for that."

Chenle splashed water at Jisung.

He splashed water back.

Jisung knew this was it.

Jisung learned what love was.

Love was Zhong Chenle.