50

"WHAT?!"

Jaemin jumped from where he was putting books away.

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Jaemin turned a little bit to peer at Kun from behind the bookshelf he was fixing. The elder had a hand placed on his forehead and an irritated face with it.

"Just be quiet. I'll be there soon you little rats-" Kun pulled the phone away from his ear and slammed on the end call button.

"Jaemin-ah?" Kun called loudly and Jaemin flinched forward so the elder could see him. "Oh, im sorry but could you lock up today? My stupid neighbors might have set my kitchen on fire and I have to go and check on it-"

Jaemin nodded quickly, not thinking about the fact that he had plans tonight. But the library was only open for another half hour anyway.

"God you're a lifesaver," Kun smiled at him as he put on his scarf and coat. "I owe you one Jaemin-ah!"

Jaemin smiled and waved to the older as he ran out the door. He sighed before pulling out his phone.

Me:
Hi nono

Me:
I'll be home a tiny bit later today because Kun had an emergency and I have to close up today.

Me:
Tell the rest of them ill get there as soon as I can <3

Jaemin went back to stacking books on the shelves but kept checking his phone every couple of minutes. He never got any response from Jeno which made him pout.

He looked at the last stack of books he needed to put up. By the looks of the last names they would need to go on the top shelf.

Jaemin whined as he looked up, the top shelf was way too high for him so he would have to pull out the ladder.

Jaemin pulled out the small foldable ladder from behind the main desk and shuffled back over to the bookshelf he was stacking.

He sighed as he put up the little ladder. He honestly was so ready to get home and the only way he could do that was to get all these books done.

He smiled as he eased a huge stack of books into one of his hands.

"Just climb Jaemin..." Jaemin took a deep breath before slowly climbing the rungs of the ladder. It tipped a bit unsteadily with his weight but he slowly made his way up.

He stretched his hand far above his head, trying to balance the books and slide them onto the highest shelf. He was almost there.

Jaemin jumped and flinched when the bell near the door rang out loudly and  there was a loud "Nana?" yelled.

The ladder shook harshly and Jaemin quickly jumped off to land on his feet and his eyes widened when he saw the stack of books he set begin to tip off the shelf.

They were going to land on him.

"...oh no-" Jaemin squeaked and squeezed his eyes shut for impact when something pulled him in closely and sheltered him from the oncoming book attack.

He flinched with every sound of a book hitting the ground.

"Jaemin you alright?"