22

Jaemin slowly followed Donghyuck as the brunette lead them to the boys bathroom.

"Sorry," Donghyuck turned around once they entered the bathroom. "I just saw your bruises and..."

Jaemin took a step back, afraid that Donghyuck was going to berate him for it.

"Jaemin? Oh no no no!" Donghyuck waved his hands like crazy. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to cover them!"

Donghyuck quickly pulled out his concealer and foundation out of his bag. Putting them on the sink and raising his hands in surrender.

"...you?" Jaemin blinked at the makeup products.

"Well I know people probably stare too often at them," Donghyuck nodded his head in understanding. "They've done that to me when I have some too. Like it pisses me off because they should mind their own business but it still makes me uncomfortable."

"...you..." Jaemin said again blinking a bit rapidly.

"It's only if you want to though!" Donghyuck cut in worry again. "You totally don't have to but I can help you put it on if you'd like. But only if you want to!"

"...you...want to...help...me...cover them?" Jaemin's voice spiked a little bit.

Donghyucks heart sank when Jaemin started to blink rapidly and sniffle.

"Hey don't cry," Donghyuck pouted. "I just offered because I want to be your friend."

Jaemin sniffled again.

Donghyuck wanted to be his friend?

"Do you want me to cover them Jaemin?" Donghyuck asked carefully.

Jaemin nodded his head rapidly with another sniffle.

"...yes please," Jaemin's small voice said.

Donghyuck smiled before helping Jaemin put on the makeup. He made sure to properly cover all the bruising and blended it the best he could.

"There," Donghyuck smiled and turned him towards the mirror. "That's better isn't it."

Jaemin's heart stopped for a while as he stared at the now unblemished skin.

A tiny part of his shell cracked.

He did something he hasn't done since he was 10 years old.

He turned around and gave Donghyuck a hug.

Donghyuck stumbled back slightly at the pressure but hugged Jaemin back lightly.

"...thank...you.." Jaemin's hushed voice came out from where it was buried in his shoulder.

"It's no problem!" Donghyuck exclaimed. "I want to be your friend Jaemin-ah. Just let me know when you need any help."

If Jaemin squeezed a little tighter then that was nobody's business but his.

"Hey you covered them?" Jeno asked him when he got to Mr.Kims class.

Jaemin flushed and nodded his head. Pulling out his pink note taking pen and putting it on his desk.

Jeno swallowed as he looked at Jaemin's pretty skin. It glowed despite the makeup painted on his neck.

"Hey Jaemin-ah?" Jeno rested his chin on his folded arms, looking up at Jaemin with sparkles in his eyes.

Jaemin turned his eyes towards Jeno but couldn't keep eye contact for long.

"Would you like to hang out sometime?" Jeno asked with a smile, his brain thinking of all the places he could take Jaemin to.

"...it's Tuesday," Jaemin stated in a small like manner as if Jeno hadn't asked him anything specific.

"I know that," Jeno snorted a little bit. "I meant outside of school things. Like a date."

Jaemins hands froze from where he was writing his notes and he turned to face Jeno.

"...a...date?" Jaemin furrowed his brows as if he never heard the term before.

"Yes. A date," Jeno settled on, hope shining in his eyes.

"...with me?" Jaemins voice dropped to an even lower volume.

"Of course with you," Jeno made a confused face at that. Why wouldn't it be Jaemin?

"...you want to go...on a date...with...me?" Jaemin whispered disbelieving. The words rolled off his tounge as if never spoken in his capacity before.

"Yes. I want to take you on a date Jaemin-ah," Jeno gave Jaemin an eyesmile. His hand reaching out to link his index finger gently with Jaemin's.

"Ok! Let's start class," Mr.Kim came in with a loud shout.

Jeno pulled back and let Jaemin focus on his work. He was taken back when he heard a soft whisper in his ear.

"I would like that Jeno-ya."