33

"Jaem, do you want me to take you home?" Jeno asked after school ended, he wasn't sure how the younger was doing after the events last night.

"No!" Jaemin said immediately, making Jeno flinch at the sudden loudness.

"...you sure?" Jeno frowned, he hoped the younger didn't want to walk alone.

"Jeno..." Jaemin grabbed onto the hem of his own shirt, playing with a string that was sticking out.

"Yeah?" Jeno hummed, his full attention on the bashful boy.

"I um," Jaemin hesitated, a little afraid about how overly confident it would sound. "I'm free...for that date...if you want..."

Jeno beamed at the younger, his eye smile on full display as he grabbed onto Jaemins hand. "Let's go then Nana."

Jaemin unconsciously squeezed onto Jeno's hand as the older excitedly dragged him to his motorcycle like a puppy.

Jaemin's feet stood in place as he looked at the black bike. Fear of an accident settling in the base of his thoughts.

Jeno made a small confused sound when he was tugged back a little by Jaemins hand.

He looked back as Jaemin eyed the vehicle slowly as if he's never seen one before.

"You scared Jaemin-ah?" Jeno asked  curiously, his eyes looking cautiously over Jaemin's delicate features.

Jaemin nodded his head without looking at him.

Jeno smiled a little before grabbing his extra helmet and popping it onto Jaemin's head.

"Don't be scared. I won't let you get hurt on it," Jeno secured the strap under Jaemins chin. The boys face looking almost squished as the padding in the helmet hugged his face.

Jeno went to turn around but a hand grabbed onto his sleeve.

Jeno turned back around and was greeted with a frowning Jaemin.

"...promise?" Jaemins hushed voice asked. The clear need for a promise to be made if Jaemin was going to listen to Jeno's words.

Jeno smiled again and leaned forward, pressing the top of his helmet to the top of Jaemins, playfully knocking them together. "Promise."

Jeno helped Jaemin get onto the bike and soon climb on right after.

"Here," Jeno grasped Jaemins hands lightly and wrapped his arms around his waist. "Make sure to hold on tight."

"But what if I hurt you-" Jaemin yelped and squeezed tightly as Jeno started his motorcycle and it jerked forward.

"Relax," Jeno stroked Jaemins hand before asking. "You ready? I wanna take you somewhere I think you'll like but it's a ways out."

Jaemin buried the front of his face in Jeno's back and nodded his head quickly.

"Alright," Jeno gave Jaemins hand another squeeze before finally driving the bike.

Many turns left Jaemin's stomach in a loop. Everytime Jaemin would loosen his grip, Jeno would accelerate faster and Jaemin would have no choice but to squeak and then hold tighter.

Jaemin eventually let himself relax, the smell of Jeno's shirt giving him comfort. He eventually was able to turn his head to the side and watch all the pretty views and mountains as the sun set.

By the time they got to their destination it was dark but the sky was littered with beautiful stars.

Jeno helped Jaemin off the bike and helped him take his helmet off.