19

Jaemin hasn't come to school in a week.

Jeno texted him everyday but there was no reply.

Jeno went to the library every day to see if Jaemin was there but he never was.

Was Jeno a little bit frustrated?

Yeah.

Absolutely he was.

Try having something (or someone) that you enjoy (adore) be removed from your day and watch how frustrating it is because there is nothing you can do about it.

Jeno took this anger out on what he usually did.

He helped around with his brothers gang secretly.

Well.

More like the whole gang knew but they didn't tell Mark.

Mark would drag his ass so far away from them that he would be past Mars.

The gang weren't nice people. Not to Mark and not to Jeno. They werent even nice to each other.

Mark's first day?

Mark got punched right in the face and broke his nose because one guy didn't like that Mark said he was from Canada.

Jeno's first day?

He got popped in the lip for asking how much power he should hit with.

He had to lie to Mark and say that he had ran into the wall in the locker room.

He did alot of fighting for them. He didnt sell drugs but he did make deals with alcohol. He did some other things that he would like to keep on the down low too.

Why?

Well that's Jeno's business.

Jeno was a straight A student (minus Mr.Kims class bc why the frick is that guys class so boring?)

He had a lot of friends. He was captain of the basketball team and a pro at gym class. He liked to dance and he rapped for fun.

He had girls ask him out every other week and he always denied them.

Though his reputation did give him some intimidating leverage. Hell, even his last name gave people a shiver.

Why would Golden boy Jeno Lee be participating in his brothers gang?

It was anyone's guess...except for nobody knows.

So here Jeno was, punching the crap out of some guy who stole some drugs. He didnt have to but let's just say that he's had a long week.

His lip was bleeding from where the guy had punched him back. His knuckles were red and busted from the constant pressure of hitting them against the bones of someone else's face.

He probably looked like a wreck when he entered the library. He wouldn't have bothered today if he hadn't seen a small pinkette curled up in the corner of it through the window.

He ignored the gasp of the main librarian and made his way over to Jaemin's little nook.

(A/N: sry but can you imagine if that was a name of a library 🥺)

The smaller was curled up in the small area. His head laying on one of his hands and his book flopped over next to him on the floor. His rosy lips parted as he slept.

Jeno missed him.

Jeno leaned down and grabbed one of the delicate hands softly and called his name: "Jaemin-ah~"

The space between Jaemins eyesborws cream as his head rolled over more making his lips squish into a pout.

Jeno laughed a little but winced due to his lip still being split.

"Kitty it's wake up time," Jeno teased, shaking the younger a little more.

The youngers eyes rolled open with his long lashes fluttering as they did.

Jaemin gasped and sat up when his sleepy eyes made contact with Jeno's bleeding lip.

Jeno gasped too when he saw a large bruise on the side of Jaemins jaw. His teeth gritting when he saw that the bruis trailed down his neck and probably past his jacket collar.

That was his jacket.

Jaemin was wearing his jacket again.

Jaemin ignored Jeno's staring in favor of grasping his face gently and patting his thumb over the split lip.

Jeno winced and his hands came up to grab onto Jaemins wrist as a reflex.

Jaemin's worry became even more present when he saw the bruised knuckes that Jeno was sporting.

They both broke out of it when they heard a cough near them.

"Uhm Jaemin-ah," The main librarian called awkwardly towards him. "You can take him to the backroom because he is kinda...bleeding on everything."

"...yes Mr.Kun..." Jaemin whispered softly, ducking his head down to hide his face past Jeno's shoulder.

"You know you can just call me Kun sweetie," Kun furrowed his brows in concern at the other.

Jaemin nodded his head but made eye contact with Jeno. He tilted his head to ask him if he would follow him and Jeno could do nothing but nod.

If Jeno got to see a pretty boy with pretty eyes in his jacket then he was sure that he would always nod.

When they got to the bathroom, Jaemin made Jeno sit on the toilet and he immediately pulled out the first aid kit.

He went to clean the split lip first but didn't give Jeno a warning. Jeno winced and reflexively grabbed onto the hips infront of him. Jaemin yelped and flinched back as if Jeno just electrocuted him.

"Im sorry!" Jeno exclaimed, not wanting to scare the boy further. "Its just hurt was all. I wasn't expecting it..."

"...it's...ok," Jaemin slowly came back to Jeno and help him clean up his knuckles and face.

Jaemin went to wash his hands in the sink when Jeno gently turned him around. His fingers lightly trailing the bruise on his jaw as he tried to catch Jaemins eyes.

"What happened?" Jeno asked, not liking such a harsh marking on such a gentle thing.

Jaemin shook his head and tried to turn around again but Jeno turned his face back to him.

"...its nothing..." Jaemin glanced away from Jeno and to the floor next to them.

"It's not noth-" Jeno tried to whisper.

"...what happened to you?" Jaemin asked in return, cutting him off.

That's where they met their agreement.

Jeno took a step back away from the shorter and smiled.

"I missed you Jaemin-ah."

Jaemin's eyes widened at that. How could you miss someone you don't know? How could you miss someone you've never tried to see? How could you miss someone that you aren't even sure why you miss?

Jaemin spoke nothing but the truth next for the first time in a while

"...I...missed...you...too.."