25

"Please," Jaemin cried and huffed. "Please help me."

Donghyuck was suprised to say the least when he found the younger crying at his door.

He had a mix of blood and tears streaming down his face. He looked like he had been running for a while and his breathing gave that off too. He had a little bit of a runny nose and his lips were uncontrollably wobbly. He was holding a black jacket in his hands and the piece of paper that Donghyuck had given to him with his number and address on it.

"Oh my god," Donghyuck opened the door wide and gently guided the crying boy by his hands into the living room.

The boy sat on the couch and buried his face in his hands as soon as he did, probably getting blood all over them.

"Jaemin, what happened?" Donghyuck furrowed his brows at the youngers state. He could see that most of the makeup had been scratched off.

"Im sorry," Jaemin choked as he looked up at Donghyuck, who was still standing next to him.

"No, no its alright," Donghyuck coo'd softly and reached his hand out slightly. "Is it alright if I...?"

Jaemin's eyes crinkled with more tears but he nodded anyway.

Donghyuck lightly ran his fingers through Jaemins hair. It was soft but a little bit tangled probably from rough handling and the running he did.

"Do you want me to call Jeno?" Donghyuck leaned down on the ground in front of Jaemin and lightly held his hands as the younger tried to get a hold of himself.

Jaemin shook his head. "You shouldn't bother him."

"Hun, I dont think he would feel bothered about something like this," Donghyuck gave him a small smile, trying to get him to feel better.

Jaemin sniffled and looked away. "...please...i...have his number..."

Jaemin handed Donghyuck his phone, not feeling stable enough to speak for himself. As Donghyuck went into the kitchen, Jaemin gave a glance around the large apartment.

He felt his heart hurt when he saw Donghyucks homework all spread out on the floor, probably working peacefully until Jaemin interrupted during his panic.

Jaemin hadnt let go of the jacket yet. His fingers curling around the material like a blanket.

He wanted to see Jeno.

Donghyuck sighed when he came back into the living room.

"Im sorry hun," Donghyuck shook his head and sat next to Jaemin. "Jeno didn't answer and I tried to call Mark but he didn't answer either."

Jaemin looked fragile at those words. Even more fragile then when he came in and it made Donghyuck want to fight whoever did this to him. But all he didn't know what happened and he couldnt even give Jaemin what he wanted?

Rude.

The petty renjun said in Donghyucks brain.

Get him that damn Lee brother.

The sassy Chenle said in his head right after.

Did he roll his eyes?

Yes he did.

Sassy Chenle was right though.

"C'mon," Donghyuck stood up and offered his hand out to Jaemin.

"...what?" Jaemins tone was scare and unsure. "...please don't make me leave yet...I'm sorry...I interrupted....but I can't go...back...please."

Donghyuck felt his heart shatter into a million pieces at the boys assumption.

"You don't have to leave," Donghyucks eyes softened as he caught the boys own. "I heard Mark talking about some party last night on the phone. I don't know if Jeno's there but it won't hurt to check."

"You...you don't have too...haechan..." Jaemin wiped his eyes.

Donghyuck smiled at that. His smile make Jaemins soul feel a bit lighter.

"How can I not help you when you just called me Haechan? That is new bestie progress," Donghyuck teased, giving the boy a playful look. "Plus you're my new friend so of course I'm going to help you."

Jaemin slowly grabbed Donghyucks outreached hand.

"Alrighty," Donghyuck laughed as the boy quickly grabbed his phone and the jacket he brought in. "Let's get you your man."

"He's...not...my man," Jaemin flushed.

"Mhmm," Donghyuck winked at him. "Not yet."

Donghyucks playfulness made Jaemin feel a little better and a little warmer too.

He is like the sun.