13

Jeno hadn't seen Jaemin since the little incident two days ago and decided to pop by the library. (Not to see if he was there! Just to..like..check out a book?)

(A/N: boi who you lying to?)

His heart swelled when he walked into the library and heard a sweet voice ringing out.

There was Jaemin, sitting in a blue rocking chair with a book in his hands. He was reading aloud to little children, all gathered around the rocking chair.

Jaemins voice was loud and clear.

"...and then he said to the little girl 'you can do anything you dream of!' He then went to her side with a smile and handed her some money before..." Jaemin was into the story. His eyes sparkling as he read the children's story out loud.

Jeno leaned against one of the bookshelves and watched Jaemin. He listened to the way the boys voice would drip with excitement at certain parts and how he would pout along with the children at sad parts.

"...the end!" Jaemin read, snapping the book slowly. "Do any of you have questions about the story?"

3 children raised their hands and Jaemin eagerly picked one of them.

"Why did the little girl not achieve her dreams?" One little boy asked from the front.

"Well...she eventually will. Its all about time," Jaemin nodded his head. "Without time, nothing can work."

"Then why did the Papa fall in love so quickly with Ms.Merry," A little girl from the back shouted out.

"Ah," Jaemin's mouth went into a straight line. "Love is different. Love is unpredictable and can take any shape, form or pathways. He truly loved Ms.Merry and she loved him back. So time hit them faster than usual."

"Ok last question," Jaemin called to his favorite little girl. "Mira?"

"Does Mr.Na have a Ms.Merry?" She asked and all the little kids turned their eyes towards him.

Even Jeno leaned forward a little to hear the answer.

"No, he doesn't," Jaemin blushed a little before leaning back in his chair. "Mr.Na wouldn't want one either. Mr.Na would like a Mr.Merry one day."

"Im sure you'll get one!" Mira cheered at him before all the kids stood up to go greet their parents that were picking them up.

Jaemin sighed and walked over to his little corner where he liked to read most.

"You're great with kids," Jeno clapped from behind him with a smile.

Jaemin jumped hard and spun around.

"You work here?" Jeno asked while looking at the books next to them.

Jaemin swallowed and nodded his head, his shy persons instantly snapping back into his body. 

"It was cute," Jeno tilted his head at him. "They really seem to like you."

"I...hope so..." Jaemin's nose twitched like a bunny as he clasped his hands infront of his body.

"You don't need to be so shy," Jeno laughed a little. "I won't judge you or anything."

Jaemin just nodded his head.

"Do you have a favorite?" Jeno asked as he watched the last child leave with their parent.

"Mira," Jaemin said instantly. "...the little blonde one...she...she asks questions alot....she reads a lot too..."

"Yeah she seems like a cutie," Jeno winked at him.

"What...are you doing here?" Jaemin said quietly, looking at his sneakers.

"I was looking for you," Jeno said shyly, red making an appearance on his cheeks. "I hadn't seen you since...y'know and I had something to ask you-"

Please don't ask me why. Please don't ask me why.

Jaemin prayed in his head.

"...can I have your number?" Jeno asked  while tilting his head.

"I-...what?" Jaemin tilted his head back, a confused look making his way onto his face.

"I just thought since we study together and all...can I have your number?" Jeno pulled out his phone and Jaemin nodded slowly.

"Do you want mine too?" Jeno asked as he handed Jaemin his phone to put his contact in.

Jaemin stopped and nodded slowly. Still unbelieving this was happening.

They swapped phones and put their contacts in.

"Nana?"
"...nono?"

They both read eachothers contacts out loud and their heads shot up at eachothers voice.

"...it was a reflex..." Jaemin said slowly.

"Mine too," Jeno chuckled slightly before rubbing his neck. "Dont worry, I think its kinda cute that we match."

Jaemins cheeks turned pink as he looked down.

"I'm glad you're ok," Jeno leaned down to catch the boys eyes. "I'll see you tommorow Nana."

Jaemin just watched with wide eyes as Jeno left the library.

He...he's cute....he is sweet...like Ms.Merry was....