Chapter 73

I'm an actress

The restaurant upstairs was a high-end western restaurant, which was also the place Hua Rong had intentionally chosen.

For these little girls who have never been out in the society, an elegant and luxurious environment is not only a deterrent, but also a temptation. If they have really seen the wonderful life that money can bring, will they refuse?

At this thought Hua Rong's expression finally returned to normal.

The waiter opened the door for them, and Hua Rong looked at Chu Mei Bo, but found her attitude very calm, as if to her, there was no difference between this restaurant and the chain coffee shop downstairs.

Hua Rong's heart sank and suddenly felt that today it may not go as smooth as she imagined.

When they sat down, no one spoke for a while.

Hua Rong, on one hand, wanted to adjust her own mood, and on the other hand she wanted to put pressure on Chu Mei Bo. She blamed her previous failure on Chu Mei Bo's ignorance of the merits, so she adjusted her strategy.

Hua Rong comforted herself that following was the power of competition. Can a strong woman like her not be better than a little girl who hasn't been out of school yet? As long as Chu Mei Bo didn't hold her breath, she could take the initiative in this whole negotiation.

However, as the atmosphere between the two became more and more dignified, Chu Mei Bo seemed to have no awareness of it. From the beginning to the end, she was calm and confident. She even took out the paper from her bag and began to write. Hua Rong, on the other hand, began to grow a bit restless from the very beginning.

Just then, the sound of the waiter delivering food broke the stagnation.

Hua Rong breathed a sigh of relief and immediately thought that she had lost this battle.

Hua Rong was about to speak, when Chu Mei Bo asked the waiter, "Can I pack this?"

Waiter: "Ah... Huh?"

Hua Rong didn't expect that she would really want to pack food. She felt very ashamed at that moment, but unfortunately, she had agreed to it. So she could only keep a straight face and say to the waiter with a strange expression, "Go and get the menu."

The waiter suddenly came to his senses, "OK, just a moment."

The menu was all in English, and Chu Mei Bo's English was not enough for her to fully understand the menu, so she didn't order one by one. She quite simply and roughly pointed at the menu, "Pack this position and this position for me."

Waiter: "..."

Hua Rong's heart was dripping blood. This restaurant was not cheap. Moreover, she came to find Chu Mei Bo in her private time, this meal would be paid by her own bank card.

The waiter took a careful look at Hua Rong. "Lady, this, look..."

Chu Mei Bo also followed the waiter's words and looked at Hua Rong. She supported herself with one hand and said with a smile, "Ms. Hua, if you don't have enough money, I can pay for it myself."

Hua Rong smiled reluctantly. "Since I have invited you to dinner, how can I let you pay for it?" She looked at the waiter and gritted her teeth. "Put it all on my account."

Waiter: "Alright, alright."

It was only after the waiter went away, that Hua Rong's pain eased slowly.

Since she became an agent, she has always been invincible. This was the first time she encountered such a setback. Hua Rong thought angrily that this Chu Mei Bo was just as stupid as Cheng Mengjiao, otherwise how could they play together!