Chapter 74

Happy birthday!

Although Shen Huai was abroad, he hadn't abandoned his duties as an agent completely. It was just that Chu Mei Bo hasn't had any shootings scheduled recently, and "Tianji" and "Honey" were both in the later stages of editing and haven't entered the publicity stage yet.

Therefore, when he learned that Director Xie intended to let Chu Mei Bo audition, Shen Huai was stunned.

The movie "Red Actor" had a great reputation. The original work from Xu Hanzhang, a literary master from the time of the Republic of China, was directed by Director Xie, the leading movie director in China, and the several investors behind it were all industry giants. The preparations began three years ago, and the script itself was polished over the past two years.

Although it hasn't been filmed yet, it has been the most anticipated chinese film for several years in a row.

The heroine Cheng Yanxin was a role coveted by all domestic actresses, and the competition was very fierce.

Shen Huai also wanted to fight for this role for Chu Mei Bo. After all, in his opinion, no one in the world was more suitable for the role of Cheng Yanxin than Chu Mei Bo.

However, at present Chu Mei Bo is only a young newcomer who has only starred in two tv shows as a second and third female lead. These two shows haven't even been broadcast yet, so it was impossible for them to compete for this role with the movie queens.

Shen Huai has also found contacts, and wants to give Chu Mei Bo at least an audition. The other side has a good relationship with him and has not concealed matters from him. The whole team was lead by Director Xie... Director Xie was famous for his dedication, which cannot be moved by any amount of money at all. If he got upset, Chu Mei Bo would have a hard time mixing in the movie circle in the future.

Shen Huai weighed again the pros and cons, and had no choice but to give up helplessly for now.

But he didn't expect that "over numerous mountains and streams, I had my doubts that I could find the road." (chinese saying that means something like having a glimmer of hope). This time it was Director Xie who took the initiative to invite Chu Mei Bo to an audition.

No matter what Shen Huai thought, they all felt that Chu Mei Bo had done something.

However, when they talked on the phone:

Chu Mei Bo: "No, I didn't do anything. I was busy writing test papers every day."

Shen Huai: "..."

When Chu Mei Bo said so, it was difficult for Shen Huai to ask again. Instead, he said, "I asked Tong Yun to buy you a book called 'Red Actor'. Read it first..." After a pause, he suddenly thought of something, "Did you know Xu Hanzhang?"

Chu Mei Bo: "Yes, a young man who blushes as soon as he speaks, quite lovely."

Shen Huai: "..."

He thought of the picture of the gentle literary master in the textbook, whose eyes were full of concern for his country and people. He couldn't match him to the blushing young master Chu Mei Bo spoke of.

According to the unofficial history, Xu Hanzhang loved Gu Mei deeply, so after Gu Mei's death, he remained unmarried all his life and devoted almost all of his energy to his career.

Now that Chu Mei Bo said this, Shen Huai almost wanted to ask about the ending, which took place back then.

He remembered that "Red Actor" was written after Gu Mei's death, so he explained it in a few more words, "It is said that Cheng Yanxin, the heroine of 'Red Actor' was written based on you, and you knew Xu Hanzhang. Maybe you will have a deeper understanding of the story, which will be your advantage during the audition."