Chapter 112

Rock City

After Shen Huai went back, he gave Zhu Chen the investment plan together with the sample film, and asked the investment department to evaluate and analyze them. After the evaluation results came out, they were even better than Shen Huai expected. In addition, Director Yi was also very optimistic about this project.

So Shen Huai readily agreed to invest, and the funding was even more than Wan Shan imagined. Wan Shan originally thought it was a mistake made by the studio. Only after asking did he learn that the additional money was for publicity expenses.

Wan Shan was almost dizzy by this pie falling from the sky. He patted his chest and promised to montage it well and do his best in the later stages.

By the time these things were done, the day of the Colleen Awards was around the corner.

Shen Huai and Ye Cang boarded the plane to the United States together.

The Colleen Awards was held in C City in the United States, which was also the home of American rock music. Apart from the Colleen Awards, there was a rock music festival held every year. On the way from the airport to the hotel, the two of them could see many people carrying guitars on both sides of the road. There were rock music stores and even their driver who took them to the hotel could hum with the music.

The whole C City was like a sea of music, with tourists coming and going, as well as many black-haired and wheat-skinned Chinese. The driver told them that there hadn't been so many Chinese around the time of the Colleen Awards in the past few years. But because Ye Cang was shortlisted this year, many Chinese were attracted to come here.

The Organizing Committee of the Colleen Awards had deep pockets and booked a whole hotel, which was surrounded by numerous fans. They even heard someone shouting Ye Cang's name in non-standard Chinese.

Shen Huai and Ye Cang looked at each other. The last time Ye Cang came to the United States he didn't receive such treatment! It could be seen how influential the Colleen Awards were. Since Ye Cang was shortlisted for the award, even the overseas album sales of "Rebirth" increased a lot.

After their jet lag, Nick Garcia, as the host, came with his wife Amanda to take them to dinner.

Nick was the rock king of the United States. First, he praised Ye Cang's album "Rebirth" on Twitter. Later, when Ye Cang and Shen Huai came to the United States to promote "Rebirth", they got to know each other and became good friends. Even though they returned to China, they still kept in contact through social software.

So, soon after hearing that Ye Cang and Shen Huai arrived at the hotel, Nick came too.

As soon as they met, they gave each other a bear hug. In the past six months, Shed Huai made Ye Cang learn English. Although he wasn't fluent, he was able to communicate with other people.

Nick had also learned from somewhere a few words of confusing Chinese, so they were able to talk with each other.

Nick patted Ye Cang on the shoulder. "I will tell you, the best place to eat and have fun in the whole C City. No one knows it better than me. Since you've come to C City, I will take you there.... How do you say that in Chinese, Amanda?"

Amanda smiled and said in fluent Chinese, "Do your best as a host."

Ye Cang and Shen Huai both looked at her with surprise. Amanda smiled and said in Chinese, "I've always been very interested in China. Is my Chinese good?"

Ye Cang nodded and gave her thumbs up.

They went directly to the garage, laughing and talking. Nick drove a rather stylish convertible sports car. After the car left the hotel, it was immediately noticed by fans on the side, and many of them screamed.