Chapter 92

I'll just say a few words

The producer cried, "Mr. Guo, don't joke with me!"

Guo's expression suddenly became serious. "I'm not joking with you! I'll tell you what, you give me a chance, and no matter how it turns out, I'll invest another 10 million!"

Producer: "Mr. Guo, it's not a matter of money..."

While they were talking, the deputy director sneaked in and told Director Xie what happened.

Director Xie looked at the two men with an ugly expression. "What are you doing?"

When Guo Wenyuan came over, Director Xie was naturally very unhappy. For a big director like him, the demand for autonomy in filming was very high.

Given his status in the industry, he could totally ignore the fact that minority shareholders like Guo Wenyuan kept interfering.

The producer was sandwiched in the middle. He didn't know how to explain it and felt that neither side treated him humane.

Guo Wenyuan, on the other hand, stepped up and shook Director Xie's hand. "Director Xie, I've heard about you for a long time. I've always liked your movies, especially your movie 'The River of Time', which is my favorite movie."

Director Xie, who was still angry, was stupefied for a moment. "You like 'The Long River of Time' ?"

Even the deputy director looked at Guo Wenyuan with surprise.

Director Xie had made a lot of films in his life, some of which achieved a very high box office, some entered the club of 100 million yuan, and some won awards, but few people knew that Director Xie's favorite film was "The Long River of Time," which he had made in his early years.

Director Xie frowned at the producer and said, "Did you tell him that?"

The producer couldn't decide if he should cry or laugh. "What can I say? I didn't know it was the best film in your mind before today."

Indeed, Director Xie seldom talked about his films with others. Only his few partners who had worked with him for many years knew about it. However, Director Xie was confident that they would never talk about it.

It seemed that this Guo really liked "The Long River of Time".

Director Xie's expression slowly relaxed. Unexpectedly, the investor's expression was still very confident.

Seeing this, Guo Wenyuan hurriedly said, "Please, don't get me wrong. I came here purely to admire you. I would never tell you what to do. Don't worry!"

Director Xie smiled and said deliberately, "It's alright, you're an investor, so it doesn't matter if you have any opinions."

"No, no, no, you misunderstood me. I just heard that your 'Red Actress' is auditioning here. So I was a little curious and came to have a look. If it's inconvenient for you, I'll leave right now."

When Guo Wenyuan finished speaking, he was about to leave.

Director Xie winked to the deputy director, and the deputy director hurriedly came forward to hold Guo Wenyuan up. "Mr. Guo, if you want to watch the audition, I will arrange a seat for you, but I am afraid you will feel bored."

As soon as Guo Wenyuan was pulled by him, he immediately turned back and said with a smile, "I won't, I won't. . . I like watching this."

Deputy director: "..." Couldn't you at least hold on for another minute?

Guo Wenyuan repeatedly promised, "Director Xie, don't worry. I'll only take a look and won't say another word."

He was so sincere that the last hesitation in Director Xie's heart dissipated, so they went back to the audition room, leaving only the ignorant producer behind.