Chapter 141

Pei Ran

The explosion in the chemical plant in Qingyu County had a great impact, and in the course of investigating the case, they found out that the factory had hired a lot of minors under the age of 18 in order to save costs.

Some children didn't even have identity cards and were paid less than the minimum wage. In such a harsh environment and tiring work they worked very hard.

After the incident was reported, it immediately attracted the attention of the relevant departments, which ordered a full investigation of the matter.

Ding Sifei, a newcomer who had just joined the police forces was also involved in this case, but his task was to come to the hospital and take notes about the wounded.

Because of the large number of injured at that time, the local hospitals in Qingyu County could not receive all of them, so many injured were sent to the emergency departments of the surrounding large hospitals.

Ding Sifei was sent to First People's Hospital of Dongjiang, where he took the statements earnestly. However, looking at those teenagers who were six or seven years younger than himself as they talked about their daily life in the chemical plant, the emotional newcomer could not help feeling sad and scolding these bad bosses in his heart.

He calmed down his mind in the toilet and gave himself a short break before he went back to work. But he froze as soon as he entered the next ward.

This ward was very popular. Besides doctors and nurses, there were many family members secretly looking inside the room, and most of them were women.

Thanks to his uniform, Ding Sifei managed to squeeze in. Just as he took a breath and prepared to continue working, he was stunned by the sight.

There was a teenager sitting on the hospital bed by the window, broad patient's clothes covering his thin body. His skin was so pale it was almost transparent. His black hair was a little too long and fell on his cheek. His eyebrows and eyes were warm and moist. His long and dense eyelashes, like crow feathers, covered his slightly drooping eyes.

He was just sitting quietly on the hospital bed, as beautiful as a painting, which made people reluctant to disturb him.

A group of women of all ages gathered around his hospital bed, their expressions so gentle it almost dripped water.

"Little Pei, are you hungry? This is my hand-made bento. I'll put it here for you."

"Little Pei, do you like fruit? This is the freshest fruit I just went out to buy."

"Little Pei, your bed is close to the radiator. It may be a little dry. I specially prepared an extra humidifier for you."

"Little Pei..."

Ding Sifei was stunned. He asked the nurse who was changing the bandages of the patient next to him, "This, this is also a victim of the explosion?"

The nurse glanced at the teenager by the window, her cheeks flushed and her voice softened, "Yes, Little Pei was rescued with this transportation of wounded."

Ding Sifei: "..."

He coughed. "It doesn't look like he was hurt anywhere?"

"Who says that? Mental trauma is also an injury!" the nurse said with righteous indignation. "Policeman, you don't know that, but when we examined Little Pei, we found that he was seriously malnourished and starving for a long time. Now you can judge, who can let such a little child go hungry for such a long time!"

Ding Sifei: "..."

Nevertheless, what does malnutrition have to do with the explosion?!!

"Gee, it's because he is so good-looking ..." The patient who had his wound dressing changed muttered and told the truth.