Chapter 133

Second Shift

What happened in the music classroom soon reached Shen Huai's ears and he was somewhat surprised.

Ming Wei asked, "Is it necessary to force the lead singer to be changed?"

"No need." Shen Huai shook his head and said, "Since she has made up her mind, let's do as she says."

"But..."

Ming Wei wondered for a bit why Shen Huai would sign Xia Shiyu, an artist who was already out of date and had a bad reputation. She was not like Ye Cang, but had still enjoyed high popularity. Moreover, Shen Huai was indulging her and seemed to trust in her strength.

Shen Huai also saw Ming Wei's puzzled expression and said with a smile, "After two episodes, you will understand."

Ming Wei was curious and unconsciously started paying more attention to news about "National Idol".

In fact, when Xia Shiyu signed a contract with Shen Huai and decided to participate in the recording of "National Idol", there was a discussion on the Internet.

These days, Zhou Feiyang's matter had been on fire, which naturally included the previous case with Xia Shiyu. Although there were still some people who spoke up for Xia Shiyu, the fixed impression was not so easy to eliminate. Some people even began questioning the program group of "National Idol".

After all this noise, the popularity of the program shot up, but Xia Shiyu's situation was not so good.

The photos from that year and the interviews with classmates and teachers were shown again and commented on every day.

An ordinary person might not have been able to stand it for a long time, but Xia Shiyu was very calm. She only practiced dancing and singing every day. Apart from not being able to eat fat intestines, she hardly had any other grievances and nothing could affect her.

The other three members of the team, after Xia Shiyu gave Lena the chance to be the lead singer, completely changed their attitude towards her. None of them mentioned anything about the things on the Internet.

In this fashion it was soon time for the recording.

At six o'clock on the recording day, the company specially sent a car to drive the four girls to the recording site. There they would start a three-month closed training, if they could make it to the end.

The four girls verified their identities, walked into the recording site and were immediately shocked.

The whole venue was full of young and beautiful girls. It made people dizzy after a single glance.

Among them, there were trainees from large brokerage companies. Most of them were wearing the same style of clothing and looked very neat. There were also individual trainees from small companies and those found by program groups, which were more casual by comparison.

When the four of them came in, the chatter at the scene seemed to pause for a while, followed by a more vivid discussion.

"She is Xia Shiyu?"

"How brave! She is coming to this show, even though she is scolded so badly on the Internet..."

"How old is she? Isn't she nearly 25? Isn't she a bit old?"

"Are there any fans of old, ugly aunties with a dirty history...."

Lena was so furious that she was about to go teach these people a lesson but was stopped by Yao Xuetong, who motioned to her to take a look at Xia Shiyu.