Chapter 78

The Empress Yun Chuo Yi

Not only Fu Cheng, but also Meng Hong and the others were stunned because they didn't expect that they would be singing for real on this stage. They were still some distance away from the stage, and there was no loudspeaker equipment onstage, but they could hear it clearly.

This is the highlight stage of the plot. Cao Cao humiliates Mi Heng and orders him to become a drummer. Mi Heng curses all the officials and Cao Cao by drumming.

The most wonderful part of this passage is that Mi Heng uses the changes of the drums to match the music and express his indignation.

Drumming may seem simple, but it's very difficult to play the various changes. Arms and wrists should be used, especially here with the chorus. It's even more difficult to play it live.

However, the Mi Heng on stage is adept at it, the drums are impassioned, and the lyrics are all sang in one breath, so that people can thoroughly immerse in it.

After that, Mi Heng went back and forth with Cao Cao and the others, having a fierce debate.

The cooperation between the two sides was excellent, the rhythm was perfect, and people's hearts were completely immersed in the story.

Among the four guests, except for Yan Zhenxiong, who listens to Beijing opera on weekdays, the other three have hardly heard it. At first, they were forced to listen to it for the sake of filming, but they grew really fascinated by it.

When Mi Heng sang, "I would rather be a guest at death's gate, than a servant of this traitor!" the sound was resonated.

The four of them felt their hot blood boiling, as they applauded with the other spectators.

By the end of the play, the four of them wiped their brows and found that there was a layer of sweat on them. It was winter now, and although Mujiang city was relatively warm, they could still feel a chill when sitting in the open air. Who would have known that this play would not only make them forget the cold, but also get sweaty.

Qiu Jie was almost dumbfounded the whole time. "Is this Beijing opera? Also... It's so exciting!"

The man next to him answered again, "Is this your first time listening to the play, brother?"

Qiu Jie nodded and asked, "Is this Ms. Yun really a woman? I heard her sing, and her voice was so powerful that I couldn't recognize it as a girl's voice at all."

Without waiting for the man to speak, Yan Zhenxiong said, "It's said that Yun Chao Yi's singing is very strict and heavy, without female features, and is the leading Kun Sheng in Dongjiang."

"This gentleman knows the drama play," the man said. "Listening to Ms. Yun singing aria is like drinking cold water on a hot day. It's a pleasure!"

When he said this, the four of them agreed with him.

Just then, a man in a long mandarinian jacket ran over. "Reporter Meng, what are you doing here? It was not easy for me to find you!"

Meng Hong and Yan Zhenxiong, who had been listening to Yan Zhenxiong's conversation with the spectators, heard his words, and then suddenly returned to their minds.

"Yes, yes, I almost forgot my identity."

They all have their own identities in the program to reasonably participate in history. In Li Yuan, Meng Honghe and the others played the role of newspaper reporters.

"Ms. Yun has been waiting backstage for a long time. Come with me quickly," said the mandarinian jacket. "Come with me, quickly please."

It was only then that Meng Honghe and the others straightened out their identities and followed the long mandarin jacket to the background.