Chapter 105

Old friend

Shen Huai and Guo Wenyuan entered the sanatorium and saw Yi Mian, who was basking in the sun.

Since their last meeting, Yi Mian seemed to have become a little older. When Guo Wenyuan saw his old friend's appearance, his eyes also dimmed.

Yi Mian turned around and saw the two of them. He looked more energetic and said to Shen Huai with a smile, "There was a magpie at the door of my ward this morning. So I knew there was a distinguished guest coming to my door. It turned out to be you!"

Guo Wenyuan whispered, "Liar! You can't tell even a sparrow apart from a magpie... "

Shen Huai: "..."

Yi Mian didn't hear Guo Wenyuan's words, but Guo Wenyuan's clothes were too conspicuous to be left unnoticed.

Yi Mian turned his puzzled gaze to Guo Wenyuan and asked, "Who is this?"

Guo Wenyuan said unhurriedly, "I'm a singer Mr. Shen just signed. I sing rock'n 'roll!" he said, and made a rock sign, "Rock!"

Yi Mian: "..."

Shen Huai: "..."

Shen Huai finally understood why Guo Wenyuan had dressed like this. He should have heard that he and Ye Cang came to see Yi Mian last time.

But it had to be said, that this was the worst time for a rock singer to get popular.

Yi Mian really regarded Guo Wenyuan as an artist signed by Shen Huai, so he didn't pay attention to him. Shen Huai pushed him inside the ward, while talking about some interesting things.

Guo Wenyuan was a little slower, but he suddenly remembered that when he was ill and hospitalized, Yi Mian came to see him and talked about a friend he knew in the United States. Now it seemed that this friend must've been Shen Huai, which was some kind of fate.

After entering the ward, Yi Mian insisted on making tea for both of them.

Shen Huai took the initiative to pour water to boil the tea. Yi Mian chose the cups seriously before handing the tea to the two other people. Shen Huai took a sip and as he was about to say something, he noticed that Yi Mian froze, looking at Guo Wenyuan.

Du Yuping used to go to Yi Mian's office to ask for tea. He had a habit of turning the cup around when he took it. So when he took the tea from Yi Mian's hand, he unconsciously turned the cup around.

Guo Wenyuan responded in time, releasing his hand, as if nothing had happened, "The tea is a bit hot."

Yi Mian didn't think too much about it, and said with emotion, "You just looked like an old friend of mine..."

Guo Wenyuan couldn't resist saying, "Was it a very dear friend?"

Yi Mian sneered. "An old guy who I have known for more than 20 years."

Guo Wenyuan: "..."

Yi Mian didn't notice Guo Wenyuan gnashing his teeth, and seemed to think of something, showing a nostalgic expression. "This old man had a bad temper and a poisonous mouth. He was unreasonable and unforgiving. We had a fight every time we met, but he is gone now. I didn't think I would miss quarrelling with him. It's so strange but I miss it..."

Guo Wenyuan's heart was sour. He could no longer say what he wanted to say.

Seeing this, Shen Huai hurriedly changed the subject, "When I first came in, I heard from the nurse that you haven't taken your medicine these days?"

Yi Mian immediately said, "I have!"

Guo Wenyuan: "Liar!"

Yi Mian said angrily, "Why do you call me a liar?"