Valentine's Day (February 2021)

Harry: 27
Camryn: 26
Darcy: 9 1/2
Lennon: 7 1/2
Auggie: 6 1/2
Bowie: 5
Calum: 3
Bindi: 11 months

He walks through the colorful halls of the primary school that have become very familiar throughout his years of raising children. He shuffles past parents waiting to pick up their kids, standing against the walls. Each door is painted a different bright color and he can see the yellow door at the end of the hallway that signals his son's classroom.

He checks his watch on his wrist and realizes that he made perfect time with one minute to spare. The teacher opens the door with a wide smile on her face waving to all of the parents outside, "they had a lot of fun today at the class Valentine's Day party, but they didn't eat too much candy, I promise." She adds with a wink that causes all of the parents to smirk.
He sees his little brown hair and eyed buddy in line behind a couple of kids, practically bouncing out of his shoes with a decorated paper bag in one hand and his backpack on, half zippered. He has a huge smile on his face, showing off the new gap in his mouth where he lost his top tooth a couple of days ago.

At the sound of the bell, the teacher motions that the kids are allowed to leave the room and they all barrel out of the door, practically toppling over each other. Bowie runs straight into Harry's outstretched arms and Harry picks him up with a huff.

"Hi, buddy!"Harry greets, kissing his little cheek softly and then placing butterfly kisses all around the side of his face to make him giggle. "How was your day? I wanna hear all about it! Especially the party you had!"

"So fun daddy!"Bowie smiles, interlocking his arms around Harry's neck. "Look!" He holds up his brown paper bag that has marker drawings all over it in front of Harry's face.

"Is that all filled with candy?"Harry gasps with a big smile. "No way! Are you gonna share with me?

"Nuh uh,"Bowie shakes his head with a sly smirk, "all for me!"

"All for you!"Harry gawks raising his eyebrows and puts on a fake pout, "you're not gonna share with me?"

"Maybe one or two,"Bowie concedes with a giggle.

Harry chuckles and nuzzles his nose to Bowie's, "you're so clever."

Harry walks outside of the building listening to Bowie's little babbles about his day and his party with all of his classmates. He makes his way to the big tree out front that each of the kids know to meet at and sees Auggie already waiting there with a bag of his own in his hand and a lollipop in his mouth.

"Hi buddy,"Harry smiles as Auggie's blue eyes widen at the sight of Harry, "how was your day?"

"S-s-s-s-so f-f-fun,"Auggie smiles with blue dyed lips from his lollipop, "w-w-w-we g-g-g-g-got t-t-t-t-t-to e-e-e-eat s-s-s-s-so m-m-much c-candy!"

Harry looks up from Auggie to see Lennon sprinting towards Harry with his brown curls bouncing up and down. "Dad! Dad! Darcy has a boyfriend!"

Harry's heart drops as he hears the words and they sink in. But, they don't quite sink in because he's not sure he heard his little boy right. He must have misheard. She's too little for any of this to be happening. "What?"

It's only then that he notices his baby girl running a few steps behind Lennon, her long brown hair flowing in the wind and her face blushed red. "Lennon shut up!"

"Hey, hey, that is not nice,"Harry narrows his eyes in chastisement as the kids come closer, "what's going on?"

"Darcy has a boyfriend,"Lennon states again with a sly smirk on his face looking up at Harry.
Harry switches his gaze over to Darcy who looks like she's 5 seconds away from breaking down into tears.