A Not So Welcomed Little Brother (July 2014)

Harry: 20 Camryn: 20 Darcy: 3 Lennon: 10 months

Harry: 20
Camryn: 20
Darcy: 3
Lennon: 10 months

"Hello!"Harry quietly calls opening the front door, using his left arm to hold Camryn up by her waist and his right hand holding the baby carrier. "Little step, baby. You're almost there." He gently helps Camryn up the one step from their porch into their house and cringes at the wince that leaves her mouth.

"Hey hey!"Niall greets, walking into the hall to greet the couple with Darcy in his arms, half asleep from her very eventful morning. "How was everything? Good?"

Harry and Camryn just got back from the hospital after the midwife who came to their house after Auggie's birth suggested they come in just to make sure all of Auggie's tests were okay and Camryn was healing alright. It's been about 5 hours since Auggie's accidental birth on the bathroom floor.

"Perfect,"Harry nods with a big smile. "They ran all the tests they needed to on little man and he looked great and Cam didn't have any tears, huh babe?" He kisses her temple lightly as she smirks, "it feels like I tore."

"Eh you're a proper midwife, huh Haz,"Niall jokes patting his shoulder.

"It was a piece of cake,"Harry winks.

"Mamama." Lennon crawls towards his parents and lands at Camryn's feet, grasping at her leg and looking up at her expectantly. She always picks him up and he's too little to have any comprehension of why today would be different.

"Hi my sweet boy,"Camryn smiles down at him, still heavily gripping Harry's bicep to keep her upright. "I missed you!" She's trying to distract him from the fact that she can't pick him up, but it doesn't work.

"Mamama,"Lennon frowns, beginning to get confused about why his mumma isn't picking him up. His tiny hands grasp at her bare legs and he gives her the best pouty face he can muster.

Camryn feels her heart break in two. How do you explain to a 10 month old baby that their mumma isn't allowed to pick them up or bend down for at least two days? "Baby, I can't pick you up, I'm sorry. We can have snuggles on the couch, though."

Lennon whimpers and breaks into tears, continuing to raise his arms out upwards towards Camryn. Harry feels Camryn tense at his side and he knows he's two seconds away from having both his son and his wife in tears.

"Hey, hey, mister,"Harry coos down at his son, "you're alright, one second." He sets the baby carrier on the floor and reaches for Lennon who immediately screams out. He doesn't want his dad, he wants his mum. Harry hugs Lennon to his chest and gently shushes him, swaying his hips soothingly.

"Hi, baby,"Camryn coos, cradling his chubby cheek in her hand that's not holding onto Harry's bicep, "I'm right here, sweetheart."

"Mamama,"Lennon cries, reaching his arms towards Camryn. Camryn reaches out to grab one of his little palms and kisses it. "Baby, I'm right here, I promise."