Lennon's 21st Birthday Camp Out (August 15 2034)

Harry: 40
Camryn: 40
Darcy: 23
Lennon: 21
Nora: 20
Auggie: 20
Emryn: 24
Bowie: 18
Morgan: 17
Calum: 16
Bindi: 14

Grandchild
Penny: 4 1/2

August 15 2034

5:00 am

"I swear if you ever make me get up at this time again I'll—"

"You'll what?"Nora smirks as she stares at Cade, Lennon's roommate and best friend since they were eleven as he stands in front of her, holding open the door to his and Lennon's apartment with an exhausted expression.

"I dunno, but I'll figure it out,"Cade promises with a yawn and an eye roll, rubbing the heel of his palm into his puffy and tired eyes. "Len's gonna be pissed too."

"He'll get over it,"Nora responds with a little grin, stepping into the apartment as Cade reaches to close the front door. "It's his birthday, he can't be grouchy."

"Yeah, well you're waking him up at five am on his birthday, that would make anyone grouchy,"Cade points out, stretching his arms above his head as his lips pout slightly, his basketball shorts falling low on his waist before he scratches at his bare stomach. "Please don't wake me up at 5 am on my birthday."

"I'll make sure to wake you up at 3, don't worry,"Nora teases as a yawn takes over her body while she patters through the tiny apartment living room down the hall towards Lennon's bedroom.

She quietly opens the door, walking into Lennon's small room that's pitch dark, finding him laying on his stomach and hugging his pillow, his classic sleeping position since he was a baby that he inherited from Harry. She patters closer to Lennon, looking at the few brown curls that are falling in front of his face, his cheek smushed adorably with his lips slightly open.

She reaches her fingers out to gently brush back the curls from Lennon's face, leaning in to press a soft kiss to his forehead as her other hand moves to rub against his bare and muscular shoulder blades that are just barely peeking out of his bedsheets.

"Hi sweetheart,"Nora whispers, leaning in to press another kiss to the space between Lennon's eyebrows, bending slightly at the hips to be on his level. "Happy birthday."

"Huh?"Lennon flinches awake, blearily looking at Nora and blinking as he tries to make her less foggy, his brows furrowing in confusion. "Munches?"

"Hey, happy birthday, cutie,"Nora grins cheekily, combing her fingers through the brown hair at the nape of Lennon's neck, giggling softly to herself as she watches Lennon try and make sense of what's happening.

"Whattimeisit?"Lennon slurs sleepily, bringing a palm up to rub at his eyes, not even comprehending what Nora just said to him.

"It's five am,"Nora giggles softly, continuing to comb her fingers through Lennon's hair. "Happy birthday! How does it feel to be 21?"

"It feels like I'm one year closer to dying,"Lennon sleepily grins, puckering his lips as Nora obliges and leans in to press another kiss to his lips, using her palm to brush back his messy and sleepy curls from his forehead. "What're you doing here?"

"I wanted to be the first one to wish you a happy birthday,"Nora cooly responds with a little shrug as she scrunches her nose at Lennon before motioning her hands towards him to move aside. "Scoot your tush, I wanna lay with you."

"Yes ma'am,"Lennon chuckles gruffly as he scoots over in his bed that's pressed up against the wall as Nora climbs up onto it, almost having to jump with a running start since it's raised up on platforms. Lennon, at 6 foot 4 inches can get onto the bed easily, but her 5 foot 7 frame cannot get in nearly as easily.