The Aftermath of Auggie's Attempt (October 2026)

Harry: 32
Camryn: 32
Darcy: 15
Lennon: 13
Auggie: 12
Bowie: 10
Calum: 8
Bindi: 6

TW- this whole chapter deals with suicide and panic attacks, so please please please read with caution ❤️ I love you all and you're all so valued❤️ I'm always here if you need to talk. Always.

2 weeks.

14 days.

20160 minutes.

1,209,600 seconds.

It's been 2 week since everything happened, but to the Styles it feels like an eternity and yesterday all at the same time.

"Barely getting by" is the motto that would be used to explain how they're getting through life currently. An eerie silence has been casted over the Styles household, and even though Harry and Camryn have desperately tried to keep things normal for the kids, nothing is normal. They will never be able to go back to their "normal" life. Everything has changed.

Each of kids have different ways of coming to terms with the new weight that has been forever placed on their shoulders. They've seen and been through things that no human—let alone child—should go through. And while they've all been navigating the weight that they now carry and how to carry it differently, one thing is the same for all 6 of them: they've gone through something that has changed them forever.

***

October 2 2026

"MUMMA! DADDY!"

"What?"Camryn startles awake, bolting up into a sitting position on the bed and clutching the covers to her chest as she blearily blinks her eyes around in the dark room.

"'s okay,"Harry groggily slurs, wiping at his hands with his palms, and patting Camryn's chest sleepily as he jumps out of bed and rushes towards the door. He knows this 3 am wakeup call all too well. "It's just Bindi. I've got her."

He runs down the hall, trying to make it to Bindi's room before she can wake up any of the other kids with her screams.

This has happened every night since Auggie's attempt, but it never ceases to make his heart pound against his chest as his bare feet make it down the hardwood hallway. Hearing your child scream in absolute fear is one of the most gut wrenching things Harry can think of when it comes to parenting. Especially when you know that child has something legitimate to be afraid of.

She's no longer scared of monsters under her bed because she's seen the real monsters of life. That's what scares his poor 6 year old girl.

"Honey, it's okay. I'm here,"Harry promises as soon as he opens her bedroom door, flipping on the light switch so that she'll see it's really him, standing in her doorway shirtless with a pair of plaid pajama pants on, his curls disheveled on top of his head as his green eyes blink rapidly to try and stay awake. "It's okay, Beenie. It's just daddy, I'm here."

He looks at his little girl sitting up in her purple bed and wants to cry at the sight of her. She's terrified, that fact is obvious as she trembles, sitting in a curled up position against the wall that her bed sits against, pulling her knees to her chest with the covers completely over her. Her little face is red with anxious tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Daddy, Auggie!"Bindi sobs, reaching her trembling little arms out towards Harry as his heart sinks, reaching towards her dad.

"It's okay,"Harry quickly assures her, picking up her trembling little body into his arms and hugging her tightly to his chest, his heart shattering as she sobs into his neck, gripping onto his bare shoulders. "Auggie's okay. He's sleeping. He's safe and so are you."