Sick Days (December 2011)

Harry: 17

Camryn:17Darcy: 8 months old

Camryn:17
Darcy: 8 months old

"Hi baby,"Camryn greets Harry at the front door as soon as she hears him open it.

Her heart drops a bit as she takes her first look at him. His eyes are droopy and his face is extremely pale. Little drops of sweat coat his clammy forehead. His curls are damp from sweat under his black beanie. She knew he was sick when he left for the recording studio this morning. She knew it, but she let him tell her that he was fine. He said he'd be fine to go to work. His head just hurt a bit and his stomach was upset, nothing to worry about. He'd forget about it as soon as he got there.

"Oh babe,"Camryn coos wrapping her arms around his stomach to hug him.

"Hi love,"Harry mumbles leaning his head down to lay on top of Camryn's.

"You don't look too good, bubba,"Camryn frowns pulling away from him enough to look at him.

"I feel just about as good as I look,"Harry smiles tiredly keeping his arms around Camryn's hips.

"Honey,"Camryn frowns reaching up a hand to feel Harry's forehead. It's burning hot. "Oh baby, you're burning up. Let's get you upstairs to rest."

"Where's Darce?"Harry asks looking behind Camryn to try and see Darcy.

"Asleep on the couch,"Camryn replies taking Harry's hand, "she feels just as bad as you do."

"Oh no,"Harry frowns seeing his little girl in just a nappy laying on her back on the couch.

"She's been burning up. I took off all her clothes and I've been keeping an ice pack on her forehead,"Camryn explains sitting by Darcy's feet and rubbing her hand gently up Darcy's chubby leg.

Harry kneels down in front of Darcy and puts a gentle hand on her tummy. Even her stomach is burning up. He runs a gentle finger up and down Darcy's burning rosy cheek. Harry leans down and gently places his lips on Darcy's forehead. The touch causes Darcy's eyes to slowly blink open.

"Shhh, shhh,"Harry whispers, "I'm sorry I woke you. Go back to sleep, baby."

Darcy doesn't listen to Harry's words, instead keeping her eyes open and whining a bit as soon as she sees Harry, begging to be picked up.

"Hi, my baby. How are you,"Harry mumbles picking up Darcy's little body and cradling her in his arms with her stomach on his.

Darcy whines in discomfort reaching her little hand up to grip the collar of Harry's black hoodie.

"You don't feel good, do you?"Harry mumbles bringing his head down closer to Darcy's, "I know. Daddy's so sorry. I'm sorry you don't feel good, baby."

"She's puked twice today,"Camryn explains to Harry as he continues to rock Darcy in his arms staring down protectively at her, "I called the doctor but he said we just need to make sure we keep her hydrated."