A Very Tired Christmas (December 25 2037)

Harry: 43
Camryn: 43

Darcy: 26
Josh: 28
Penny: 8
Via: 6

Lennon: 24
Nora: 24
Hugh: 1 1/2

Emryn: 27
Auggie: 23

Bowie: 21
Morgan: 21
Harley: 3 months

Calum: 19

Bindi: 17
Acacia: 18

2 am on Christmas Eve

"Baby girl,"Morgan whimpers helplessly as she looks down at her tiny three month old daughter who's cradled in her arms, absolutely wailing her heart out just as she has been for her entire three months of life.

Morgan was completely unaware that there was such thing as colic. She's an only child, and although she was raised around all of the Styles kids, it's a completely different experience to be around a baby twenty-four seven. Bowie was a bit more experienced with colic since Bindi had a severe case as a baby, but still, he was only six years old when she was born and didn't really understand everything that was going on.

Baby Bindi, however, was no match for Harley. She's a completely different breed and has seriously not stopped crying since she was born. And to put it simply, it's destroying Bowie and Morgan.

On average they individually get about two hours of sleep each night, and that's on a really good night. It's gotten so bad, in fact, that Harry and Camryn have started coming over a few nights a week to take over watching Harley for the night just so that Bowie and Morgan will be able to survive, and even with the help they're barely keeping their heads above water.

It's extremely hard to be a first time parent to a newborn, that's an obvious fact, but it's even harder to be a first time parent to a newborn with colic while both you and your partner are full-time University students trying to get your degrees as well. It's near impossible, in fact, but that's what they are both striving to do.

"Sweetheart, you're killing your throat, babe,"Morgan whispers with her voice cracking in pure desperation. She's been "on shift" with Harley for the past two hours, and normally her and Bowie do three hour shifts throughout the night to try and allow the other person to get a bit of sleep, but it normally results in no sleep from either person because Harley's screams are so loud.

"Oh I know, I know, it's hard being little,"Morgan sympathizes quietly, continuing to do the bounce and sway movement that seems to soothe every newborn in the world except Harley. She leans down to press a kiss to Harley's warm forehead, sighing in defeat. "I know you're so sad."

"Hey,"Bowie whispers gruffly, leaning against the hallway doorframe that leads into their little apartment living room where Morgan is walking around with Harley to try and soothe her. He watches as Morgan jumps slightly, startling at Bowie's voice as her dreary eyes raise up to look at him. "Do you need to tap out?"

"Probably,"Morgan admits with a heavy sigh, sniffling slightly as she feels the threat of oncoming tears sting at the back of her eyes. "I dunno how much longer it will be safe for me to do this."

"Yeah, let me take her,"Bowie sweetly nods, holding his arms out towards Harley as he walks towards her, making little grabby hands in her direction. "I'll take the rest of your shift."

"Thanks,"Morgan whispers as she gently passes their little girl into Bowie's arms, his body immediately taking on the bounce and sway movement that Morgan was doing. "I dunno what we're gonna do with her."

"We'll figure something out,"Bowie promises, patting Harley's tiny bum with his palm as he leans forward to press a kiss to Morgan's forehead as she rubs sleepily at her eyes with the heels of her palms. "Just try to get some sleep, put a pillow over your ears, it helps a bit."