The Not So Glamorous Parts of Teenage Parenting (January 2014)

Harry: 19

Camryn: 19, 14 weeks pregnant

Darcy: 2 1/2 Lennon: 5 months

Darcy: 2 1/2
Lennon: 5 months

❤️thank you so much to Nienke_TPWK for requesting this chapter! I had so much fun writing it❤️

There were very few things that terrified Harry about fatherhood when him and Cam first found out they were pregnant at 16. Of course the obvious things scared him like his baby not being healthy, or her getting hurt or something, but other than that there wasn't much. Well, there was one more thing:

The dreaded potty. Potty training a toddler sounded absolutely petrifying to Harry. Camryn too. Harry had never been the best with bodily fluids, a few of Darcy's diapers throughout the years had about sent him over the edge and one time he actually almost puked, so the thought of a toddler walking around and having accidents everywhere sounded like the absolute worst thing ever.

They'd waited a bit longer than they normally would've to transition Darcy from diapers to the potty because of their busy schedule. She'd started showing signs that she was ready to be potty trained right after Lennon was born, but honestly Harry and Cam were too exhausted from having a newborn that they put it off for a bit. Besides, they knew they'd be going on tour with the boys and the absolute last thing they wanted to have on the tour bus was a potty training toddler. It would've been too hard with the constant stops and unpredictability of tour.

But, now they're home from tour and after going to their ultrasound appointment for their third little baby two weeks ago, in a panicked state Camryn realized that if they didn't do something quick, they'd have 3 kids in diapers which sounded like the end of the world to her, honestly. Besides, Darcy will be turning 3 in 4 months, so it was probably time to allow her to grow up a bit and have a bit of freedom, even though they wanted her to stay their little girl forever. So, with much grumbling and pouting from Harry, Camryn finally convinced him that it was time.

He was about to face his worst fear.

***

Day 1 of Potty Training