Bindi's Birth (March 2020)

Harry: 26Camryn: 25

Harry: 26
Camryn: 25

Harry: 26Camryn: 25

Darcy: 8

(covid doesn't exist in this story)

3:30 AM

Harry walks into Darcy's silent room and quickly walks over to her bed. She's curled up in the fetal position with the blush pink covers resting just below her nose. Her back is towards Harry as he reaches a gentle hand down to shake her shoulder lightly.

"Baby girl, wake up, it's time,"Harry whispers.

Darcy whimpers in her sleep, groggy and confused about why someone would dare to wake her up at this time. "Hmmm?"she groans shuffling her body away from Harry's hand to prevent him from shaking her again and waking her up more.

"Sweetheart, mumma's having the baby,"Harry whispers smiling down at her sleeping figure, "you said you wanted us to wake you up when mummy was in labor."

Darcy startles awake and sits up, blinking at her dad as her eyes try to adjust to the darkness. "Mumma's having the baby? What time is it?"Darcy asks rubbing her half-asleep eyes.

"It's 3 in the morning,"Harry quietly replies, "you can go back to sleep if you want to."

"No, no!"Darcy exclaims smiling at Harry, "she's really having the baby?" Darcy stretches a bit as Harry brushes down her crazy curls with his palm, "Is she hurting?"

Harry takes a deep breath before nodding and replying, "she is hurting a bit, honey. We waited to wake you up until we were sure she was really having the baby."

"Is she okay?"Darcy asks frowning. It's one thing for Harry and Camryn to have told her that Camryn will be in pain, but it's a completely different thing for her to realize that her mummy is in pain as they speak.

"Yeah, she's okay, she's tough, huh?"Harry assures Darcy, leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead, "you can get dressed or you can stay in your pjs, whatever you want."

"Okay,"Darcy agrees, throwing back the covers from around her lap and slowly standing up from the bed, the adrenaline hasn't quite kicked in for her yet like it has Harry, "I want to change into my real clothes for Bindi to see."