Auggie's Stutter (January 2016)

Thank you to @elliemayebrooks who requested this chapter xxx

Harry: 21

Camryn: 21, 37 weeks pregnant Camryn's bump:

Camryn's bump:

Darcy: 4 1/2 Lennon: 2 1/2 Auggie: 18 months

Darcy: 4 1/2
Lennon: 2 1/2
Auggie: 18 months

"M-m-m-m-mumma,"Auggie babbles reaching his arms up towards Camryn, "u-u-u-up."

"You want up,"Camryn smiles down at Auggie and picks him up with a huff, placing him on top of her bump.

"S-s-s-s-s-s,"Auggie frowns, getting frustrated as he reaches towards the strawberries Camryn was cutting on the kitchen counter. His little hands clench into fists just like they always do when he starts to stutter uncontrollably.

"Strawberry,"Camryn asks looking at him and rubbing back his white blonde hair from his forehead with her palm, "you got it, can you try again? Straw-berry." She exaggerates the "S" to try and help his little mind produce the word.

Auggie juts his lower lip out and shakes his head, nuzzling his face into Camryn's neck. Camryn hums and puts her chin on top of Auggie's head. "It's okay, buddy. You don't have to say it. I know you get frustrated, huh?" Auggie sniffles and looks up at Camryn. "I'm sorry you get frustrated, buddy." She presses her lips against his forehead and sways her hips, "I know it's gotta be so frustrating to be so smart and have so many words running through your head that you just can't get out. I know."

"M-m-m-m-mummy,"Auggie whimpers pointing to his mouth, "h-h-h-help."

Camryn almost breaks down in tears right then and there. Her eyes well up as she bites her bottom lip and nods her head. She realizes that they have to do what she's been putting off for so long.

Harry and Camryn have known Auggie had a stutter since the day he started talking. His first word was "Darcy" but he continually got stuck on the "D" in the beginning. They brushed it off in the beginning, attributing it to him just being a new speaker, but it's been 10 months since he started talking and it hasn't gotten better.

They'e always known he's extremely smart. He was always super far ahead on his milestones, learning how to crawl at 6 months and how to walk and talk at 8 months old. He just seemed to understand things better than most babies. Harry and Camryn didn't think much of it however, because they knew that child is different and hits milestones at different ages.