Jay's Death (December 2016)

Harry: 22

Camryn: 22Darcy: 5 1/2Lennon: 3Auggie: 2Bowie: 9 months

Camryn: 22
Darcy: 5 1/2
Lennon: 3
Auggie: 2
Bowie: 9 months

❤️❤️Thank you so so much to elliecarterson who requested this chapter!!❤️❤️

December 4

"Hey baby! How was lunch with Tommo today?" She hears the front door close over the sound of the movie playing in the living room that's keeping the kids entertained while she makes dinner. Bowie is sitting in his baby chair on the counter and sucking on some frozen baby food that Camryn gave to him to keep him occupied.

She doesn't get a response and that concerns her enough to make her back away from the stove that she was stirring pasta in and turn around right as Harry walks into the kitchen. The smile is wiped from her face as soon as he sees the look on his face.  "Harry—"

"Hi bug,"Harry whispers, walking towards her and wrapping his arms around her. He's hugging her far too tight to be a greeting and it makes her stomach sick. It's like he's confirming her worst fears non vocally. "Can we talk upstairs?" Camryn nods her head silently and looks over at Bowie.

"It's okay, he'll be okay for a second,"Harry assures her, squeezing her hand gently. Camryn nods silently again and follows him quietly up the stairs. They sneak up there as fast as they can so the kids don't see Harry yet. They always jump on him with loves and cuddles as soon as he comes home from work for the day, and they're trying to avoid that until after they have the serious conversation they need to have.

"Just say it,"Camryn whispers. They're sitting on the edge of the bed together and Harry has both of Camryn's hands in his.

Harry bites down on his bottom lip. How does he say it? How does he possibly tell her? Jay is one of Camryn's closest friends. Other than Anne, Jay has been a motherlike figure to Camryn. She's also the person who delivered Darcy and Bowie, so she'll always have that special place in Harry and Camryn's hearts.

"Sweetheart,"Harry begins, trying to keep his voice as even as possible for as long as possible. Her eyes look at him and it almost causes his flood gates to open. She knows exactly what he's going to say, but she's waiting for him to say it. Him saying it is the only way she'll accept it as truth. Right now it just feels like a bad fragment of her imagination. "The doctor spoke to Dan and Louis this morning. She only has a week at most."

And that's when Camryn loses it. Absolutely collapses into Harry. He wraps his arms around her and buries his face into the top of Camryn's head. She can feel the hot tears seeping into her scalp from Harry and it makes her cry even harder.

Jay means so much to both of them.

"It's not fair,"Camryn cries, gripping onto Harry's black t-shirt. "She doesn't deserve this. They don't deserve this. Louis, Lot, Fizz, the twins. Doris and Ernie. They're Auggie's age, Harry."