Telling Their Parents (August 2010)

Harry: 16

Harry: 16

Camryn: 16, 4 weeks 4 days pregnant

***

"Hey baby,"Harry greets opening the front door to see Camryn huddled in a black sweatshirt of his that she stole from his closet a couple days ago. The hood is up hanging down a bit over her forehead. She tucks her hands into her coat pockets and shivers in the crisp air; it's an unusually cold day for a summer month. He can't tell if the shivers are for the temperature or her nerves. He decides it's probably both.

"Hi,"Camryn mumbles, tears forming in her eyes at the sight of Harry.

"Hey hey hey,"Harry hums taking Camryn in his arms and hugging her tight to his chest, "you're okay, love. We're okay. Everything will be alright."

"I don't want to tell them,"Camryn whispers into Harry's chest, "I really don't want to, Harry."

"I know,"Harry whispers with his lips on top of her head, "I don't really want to tell them either, but we have to."

"Your mum is going to hate me,"Camryn cries quietly shoving her face tighter into his chest, "and Robin too."

"They're not going to hate you,"Harry promises squeezing Camryn tighter, "they'll be more mad at me than you. They won't get mad at you."

"I don't want them to be mad at you either,"Camryn frowns looking up at Harry.

"I know,"Harry nods cupping Camryn's chin in his hand and pressing his lips lightly to her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too,"Camryn sniffles wiping her tears.

"Deep breaths, love,"Harry reminds Camryn setting his hands on her shoulders, "we got this."

Camryn nods her head silently trying to believe Harry's words.

***

"What did you need to talk to us about?"Anne asks sitting down next to Robin on the couch. Harry and Camryn sit next to each other on the leg of the couch across from Anne and Robin. Harry can feel Camryn's breath quicken as Anne sits down. He reaches his hand out and gently puts it on Camryn's knee, squeezing it in reassurance.

Harry takes a deep breath and wonders if there is another way to do this. Maybe they should just not tell anyone until the baby is born? Camryn and him could move into an apartment together and just not see his family until the baby is born. His parents can't be mad if the baby is already born, right?

"Come on,"Anne urges lightly looking at Harry questioningly and cocking her eyebrow up a bit, "you're scaring me now."

"A month ago Camryn and I made a mistake, well actually,"Harry quickens his voice as he continues on, getting even more anxious, "it was me. Don't be mad at Camryn, I told her it wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Anyways, we made a mistake and we're really sorry." Harry ends his statement there, chickening out of telling his parents. He can't do it. He can't. He can't bare to see his mother's reaction. Her disappointment.