~ Chapter 96 ~ (The Ones Who Triumph)

"He's.... It's has begun..." Tamayo said with a frown on her face. She already realise what is going to happen right now. She has been witnessing this too many times that she lost count.

But it's normal for her to witness this kind of thing due to her being a doctor, which is watching their patients slowly slipping away from life.

However, to her, the only thing that she could feel is guilt and dismay as she saw her patients dying in front of her. She is a doctor and it is her duty to safe her patients.

But not all sickness can be dealt with a cure. Some disease like terminal illness don't have any cure at all. And with the curse of the Ubuyashiki's family which act the same as an illness, it's no different.

Tamayo can see Kagaya's breathing pattern is changing. She can see that he is slowly turning from breathing into gasping. His breathing is changing speed.

She then glanced at Amane at the side, holding her husband's hand. From the face she's making, Tamayo knew that Amane also realised about her husband's condition.

"I'm sorry, Amane..." Tamayo said as she is filled with remorse. It's not her fault since she can't do anything to help Kagaya, but she still feel responsible for it.

Meanwhile, Amane had a sorrowful expression on her face before she also glanced at Tamayo. She can see that Tamayo is feeling guilty from her face.

"Tamayo...you don't have to blame yourself for this... It was... Bound to happen..." Amane said as she continue to hold her husband's hand in her grasp.

She already sends Hinaki and Nichika away to safety with the other group of Kakushi. She already told them that she will be staying with their father.

She knew that her children deserve to be in their father's side in his dying moment. All the five of them do. She and her husband raise them to be independent and emotionally strong in order to prepare them for this kind of situation.

But somehow, deep in her heart, she doesn't want to let them at this moment. She already feel the pain inside her heart watching her husband's condition right now.

Imagine how the children would feel, seeing their father right now. She can already predict their reactions inside her mind and it already broke her heart, even if she's only imagining it...

"Tamayo, thank you... For everything..." Amane said to Tamayo with full sincere. Tamayo heard this and looked at Amane about to respond.

But she saw Amane's eyes, which filled with sorrow. She then saw Amane raising her face before looking at her straight in the eyes.

"I appreciate everything you have done... But I could not risk your life right now, the sun is getting near. You need to go and hide yourself." Amane told her.

"But, your husband..." Tamayo tries to tell Amane that she couldn't leave them just like that. But Amane seems to know what she's about to say and stopped her.

"It's okay, Tamayo... I think it's time for me... To finally let him 'rest'." Amane said with sadness inside her voice.

"He has been suffering for years as his disease get worst. I've been at his side for soo long... From the day he is still healthy and can walk freely whenever he like... Until he can no longer to do so, and can only rest himself on the bed..."

"I couldn't bear to watch it anymore... I truly loved him, but now... I realised that if I make him 'stay', it will only cause him to suffer more..."

"Now I know... Now... I know that..." a tear fall from Amane's eyes, as she tightly hold her husband's hand. She then begin caressing her husband's face in loving manners.