~ Chapter 29 ~ (Desperate Moment)

"Let's go Shinobu, it's time..." Kanae said to her sister. Shinobu nodded to her sister. Both of them fully geared up with each of their own weapons. Kanae opened up the window and both of them jumped out.

It's 1:00A.M right now. A really decent time for demons to becomes active since a lot of humans are already asleep and it's an easy prey for them.

Kanae and Shinobu began walking outside of the town silently without any eyes watching them. They need to stay in the dark to look for any trace about the demon's whereabouts.

There's gotta be but where? They need to be alert since there's already a few people went missing and they are trying their best not to increase the amount of those who are missing.

Both of them patiently investigate for 2 hours straight. But there was none to be found or any new information they could use to track anything...

"Nee-san, I think the demon already realised about our presences. There's nothing at all! Not even a single trace" Shinobu said feeling a bit frustrated.

"You're right Shinobu, the demon probably went hiding after realising that a demon slayer is near. But I'm sure the demon is still near somewhere" Kanae said.

Shinobu sighed. Her sister is right, the demon couldn't possibly hide far from this town. They just needed some sign to happen.

And then, just in time. They heard a scream. The scream was like it belongs to a woman. Kanae and Shinobu instantly went to the source of the scream they just heard.

"Please let me go Lord Doma. I don't want to die..."

"Calm down, you will not die. You're actually very lucky you know because I'm saving you. You will not suffer anymore and become apart of me. Both of us will become one forever~"

The Kocho sisters arrived at the scene and saw a woman on the ground crawling away from a figure in front of her.

The figure is a young man. Kanae and Shinobu are bit shocked when they looked at the young man's eyes. The words in kanji 'upper moon 2' is etched on his eyes.

This is definitely not a mere demon. No, he's probably one of the strongest demon under Muzan himself. But still, as their responsibility, they need to stop him.

Kanae and Shinobu landed in front of the woman protecting her from the demon. "Oh~? A demon slayer has finally found me" the demon said.

The demon eyed both of the sisters before he smiled to himself, "Oh my~, both of you are definitely beautiful." the demon said in glee.

"Shinobu! I want you to get this woman to safety" Kanae ordered her sister. "What? No! This demon is an upper moon and very dangerous. I cannot let you fight him alone" Shinobu said in disagreement.

"I know, then how about this. I hold this demon while you take this woman to safety. After that, you can immediately return here to help me." Kanae said.

Shinobu is feeling more worried for her sister right now. Soo far, many demonslayer have managed to defeat the twelve kizuki. But most of them are lower moons.

This one is an upper moon and become top 2 in the ranks. The demon in front of them is probably very powerful.

Shinobu don't want her sister to die but she had no choice. It is their duty to save humans from the demons and right now, one of them need to get this woman to safety.

"Nee-san, I want you to promise me something. Promise me that you stay alive until I come back" Shinobu said to her sister. Kanae smiled warmly to her sister and nodded.

Shinobu then took the woman away to safety. Kanae with her blade took a stance in front of the demon. "Such admirable passion the demon slayers have ever been. Always saving the humans and taking away my preys." the demon said.

The demon took out his fans, "But even so, you look much more appealing. A fine substitute from that woman earlier. May I know your name before we started? You may call me Doma~" Doma said.

Kanae however didn't answer and silently watched Doma with her guards up. She still don't know this demon's abilities.

But that's not just one thing running inside her mind. There's another that she is aware, the air getting colder right now. Is this one of the demon's ability?

Both of them stood by watching each other. Kanae then went for a quick attack, "Breath Of Flower, Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo"

Kanae sent a single sword slash that curves and twists. However, Doma easily evaded her attack without any struggle. "Interesting style, I haven't heard anyone using the flower breathing. Did you create it?" Doma asked.

Kanae like before didn't answer and continue sending her assault to Doma. But Doma seems didn't bother with her attacks. "Tell me, what rank do you hold in the demon slayers? Is it a pillar?" but still no answer from Kanae.

She continue to attack for 10 minutes straight until she starts to get slower, "oh my~, it seems like you are getting slower" Doma said. Kanae stopped her assault and took a few breaths. But it was hard with the air being too cold. The demon is toying with her, he did not even attack her just yet.

"Having problems taking the air? You poor being~" Doma said in amusement. "The moment you started breathing the cold air, it was already over."

"Your lungs are probably starting to freeze hehe~" Kanae then started to retreat a few meters back to get away from the cold environment but Doma managed to follow her instantly and continue to produce the cold air with his fans.

'I can't do this. I cannot control my breaths properly with this cold air right now' Kanae thought is desperation.

Doma smiled when he saw Kanae who is trying her best to control her breathing but struggle to do so. "Why not surrender? I'll end the pain with you becoming one with me." Doma said.

Kanae in her last attempt swing her sword at the demon's neck. It landed, but the sword did not managed to cut throught the demon's head.

Doma just laughed at this, "You don't even have any strength left to cut me. Please, just surrender already. You don't stand a chance..."

Kanae jumped back but Doma followed her closely but this time he has his fans ready to attack. Doma swing his fan at Kanae, Kanae saw this and tried to block. She blocked but the her sword instantly shattered to pieces from the force Doma sent.

Kanae eyes went wide as she saw this. Now, she didn't have anything to defend herself and at the mercy of the Demon in front her. She knew she couldn't run anymore with the demon who always managed to catch up to her with his speed.

Kanae had a look of despair on her face, "Don't be sad, it was inevitable. You never had a chance to begin with." Doma said in pity. Kanae glared at the demon.

"Now, now! You don't have to look at me like that. We are about to be united with each other after all hehe~" Doma said happily.

Kanae began backed away from the demon while Doma began walking forward to her slowly.

A lot of things running through her mind right now. Most of it were flashback of memories she cherished the most back in her days when she was young.

She didn't aware a small stone at the back of her feet. She stepped on the stone making her slip before falling on her back.

Doma then went closer until he is finally in front of her while smiling widely. One thing is running inside Kanae mind right now...

'I'm sorry Shinobu...I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise...'