~ Chapter 55 ~ (Unexpected Turn)

(Y/N) followed the woman until they reach a small house. The woman opened the door and entered first. She then invited (Y/N) to enter inside.

"Come in, my husband is now at the bedroom." the woman said. (Y/N) nodded and entered before he followed the woman.

(Y/N) entered a room before he saw someone laying on a mattress, unconscious. It's a man looking in his early 40's. (Y/N) sit near beside the man and look at the man's condition.

The man is really pale right now. It's not a normal natural pale skin, rather it's look like he's actually really sick. Few things crossed inside (Y/N)'s mind. There's few reasons this could happen.

Pale skin generally results from a decrease in blood flow, as with fainting or shock. It may also result from a reduction in the number of red blood cells (anemia).

It seems like he still remember what he learnt from Uncle Akio and Aunt Sanae after all. (Y/N) then begin checking the man's body to see if he can find anything else.

However, he couldn't find anything else. The man had no sign of bearing an illness because there's neither any signs on his skins.

(Y/N) then looked at the woman before asking, "Your husband seems do not show any sign of having an illness. However his skin becoming pale is something else. Do your husband has any records of health problems?" (Y/N) asked.

The woman shook her head, "No, he did not. It's already a week since this happen" She said. (Y/N) just nodded at her.

There's another way he could find the cause of this man condition. He turned his face away from the woman as the woman is now facing his back.

(Y/N)'s eyes begin spinning around before turning into red with 3 tomoe. With his sharingan activated, (Y/N) scanned the man before his eyes became wide...

The man is surrounded by a strange aura as if he is being hypnotised. Now he began to understand the source of this man's condition, he's probably being hypnotised by a demon's arts.

This is another one of the case he has dealt with in the past when fighting demon. A lot of demon with hypnotising ability is quite troublesome to deal with. They can manipulate the surroundings into their favor.

(Y/N) immediately deactivate his sharingan before averted his attention to the woman. "It seems like your husband did not fall ill. Rather, he was entangled by some sort of curse." (Y/N) told her.

"W-what! T-that sounds really bad" the woman said feeling worried. "It's okay, I think I know how to break it." (Y/N) told her.

"Really! Thank you! I'll go get something to pay you right now." the woman said. "No, no, it's fine. You don't have to pay me" (Y/N) told her.

However, the woman is already gone to the other room of the house. (Y/N) just sighed before he turn his attention back to the unconscious man.

(Y/N) gently forced the man left eye to open by holding his eyelid before (Y/N) activated his sharingan. (Y/N) stared at man's eye for a few seconds...

Suddenly, the man woke up screaming before sitting straightly on the ground. The man is profusely sweating a lot. (Y/N) immediately deactivate his sharingan before the man can see his eyes.

"Where am I? What happened?" the man asked in clear panic. (Y/N) tries to calm down the man right now. "You're at your house right now. It seems like you were cursed earlier. However, the curse is already broken. It's all thanks to your wife who is determined to find someone to heal you." (Y/N) told him.

"My wife? WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY WIFE?! MY LOVE IS DEAD! SHE WAS DEVOURED IN FRONT OF MY EYES BY SOME CREATURE!" the man shouted at (Y/N) in full anger.

(Y/N) is very shocked right now with what the man just said. Suddenly, (Y/N) heard something running at his back. (Y/N) turned around and saw the woman earlier with sharp claws aiming at his direction.

(Y/N) immediately hold the man before jumping out of the way evading the attack. (Y/N) looked at the woman with wide eyes, she looks different now.

Instead of walking normally, she is crouching on the ground walking on four. Her nails has become long and sharp. Her appearance is very creepy right now.

"How did you break my spell!? No human has ever break my blood demon technique" the demon said in irritation.

The man looked at the demon with full hatred, "YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO ATE MY WIFE! YOU...YOU MONSTER!" the man yelled before he fall on the ground crying.

"Hehehe, she was tasty. Her skin is soo smooth and her meat is soo tender" the demon laughed. The man cried on the ground in front of (Y/N).

(Y/N) glared at the demon before he dashed in speed before reappearing in front of the demon. (Y/N) immediately kicked her in the face, sending her crashing into the walls of the house before she crashed outside.

(Y/N) continue to pursuit her with his sword ready, about to decapitate her head. However, the demon recovered as she manages to dodge. However, one of her leg was decapitated by (Y/N) instead of her head.

The demon jumped away from (Y/N) before she stood few yards away with wide eyes. She didn't saw that coming at all, she was rather lucky to evade (Y/N)'s assault.

(Y/N) just glared at the demon and with his sword ready, about to rush at the demon again. "WAIT! WAIT! PLEASE HAVE MERCY" the demon said.

"Please, just spare me. I'll do anything you want. Please have mercy" The demon pleaded. (Y/N) stood silently before he look at the demon straight into her eyes.

"Then tell me, did you show mercy to the doctors you killed? To the man's wife? Do you think you have any place to make a bargain?" (Y/N) asked.

Suddenly, (Y/N) heard a loud scream before he saw the man running at the demon with a knife in his hand. (Y/N) eyes become wide before he tries to stop the man.

"NO WAIT! IT'S DANGEROUS..." (Y/N) warned however it was fallen on deaf ears. The man stabbed the demon's face multiple times.

"THIS IS FOR MY WIFE YOU UGLY BASTARD CREATURE" the man screamed. The demon cried in pain, "AGHH! YOU FOOL! TAKE THIS!".

The demon used her sharp claws and landed straight to the man's chest. It penetrated straightly into the man's heart.

The demon pulled her claws away as the man fall on the floor with tears in his eyes. The man looked at (Y/N) while crying, "Please... P-please avenge m-my w-wife" the man said.

The man slowly closed his eyes as he lay on the ground, dead with pool of bloods. (Y/N) can feel something rising inside him.... Rage.

"That's enough!" (Y/N) said as he sprints at the demon before immediately cut her head clean. The demon's head falled on the ground before turning into dust.

(Y/N) stood near the man's corpse with guilty look. He didn't expect the man sudden charge at the demon at all. Even thought it wasn't his fault, (Y/N) blamed himself for this man life's. If only he was faster to stop the man from doing a reckless move.

(Y/N) then heard the sounds of footsteps approaching near him...

~With Kanae and Shinobu~

Kanae and Shinobu are walking outside the village to investigate about the wandering swordsman.

While they are walking, they suddenly heard a loud crashing. "You heard that Shinobu?" Kanae asked. Shinobu nodded and both of them immediately run towards the source of the crash sound.

They run for few minutes before they arrived and saw someone stood near a man's body. Both of them are shocked when they saw who it is...

It's (Y/N)! He's here! Both of them looked at the man and saw a hole in his chest. The man is already dead...

Kanae is lost at word with what she just witnessed. Shinobu meanwhile glared at (Y/N) with full hatred...

"You murderer! WHAT DID YOU DO?!".....