~ Chapter 72 ~ (Inevitable Battle)

Tanjirou run around the fotress while following the water pillar, Giyuu from behind. They have been running for awhile and fought few demons.

'We are not running into any upper moons! Are we still far from Muzan? Are the others still okay?' Tanjirou thought by himself as he continue to look around the fotress.

Suddenly, he picked up something as few scents entered his nostrils. The scents are very familiar. While he continue to linger in his own thought, he did not pay attention to his surroundings.

Tanjirou then accidentally hitted himself on Giyuu's back. He didn't saw Giyuu stopped from his track. Tanjirou immediately picked himself up and apologised.

"Ah, I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention" Tanjirou apologised to Giyuu. However, it seems like Giyuu didn't say anything. Tanjirou look at Giyuu from the back and saw his eyes are glued on something in front of him.

"Oyakata-sama..." Tanjirou heard Giyuu said. Tanjirou's eyes went wide after he heard what Giyuu just said. He walk away from standing behind Giyuu as he stood beside the water pillar and he instantly saw few people in front of him.

He recognised all of them! Tanjirou had a huge smile on his face as he saw these people in front of him. "Tamayo! (Y/N)! Everyone, all of you are fine!" Tanjirou said in relieve.

"(Y/N)?" Giyuu repeated after he heard Tanjirou said that name. He remembered the person who is named (Y/N), the man who the Kocho sisters despised.

His eyes landed on one person who is carrying Oyakata-sama. There's no mistake, it's him! To prove that it's really him, he saw the person's eyes is red with 3 tomoe. From what he remember, the eyes are known as the sharingan.

This man is definitely (Y/N) Uchiha, and he's still alive. He's not dead like everyone else thought. Giyuu immediately hold his blade, "Release Oyakata-sama right now!" Giyuu ordered as he prepared to attack.

"Wait, Giyuu-san! (Y/N) is not a bad person!" Tanjirou told Giyuu, trying to stop him. "Stay back Tanjirou! You don't know him. He's a criminal and his crime is unforgivable" Giyuu responded.

Giyuu is about to dash towards (Y/N) before he was stopped by someone who stood in front of (Y/N) protectively. "That's enough Giyuu! Stand down. He's not a threat." Amane said.

Giyuu immediately stopped in his track after Amane ordered him to do so. "But why Amane-sama? He's a dangerous man! With all due respect, you know about his crime right?" Giyuu asked.

"Yes, I do. I know that you are trying to protect us, Giyuu. But he is not that kind of person like everyone else thought about him. Please just trust me, Oyakata-sama himself also trusted (Y/N)." Amane told Giyuu.

Giyuu was silent after hearing what Amane just said. After a moment, he put his sword away. "As you wish!" Giyuu said to Amane.

"Giyuu-san..." Tanjirou said as he smiled at Giyuu. However, Tamayo immediately snapped them from their moments.

"We cannot waste time anymore, Muzan is probably somewhere, busy neutralising the poison I putted inside him. We need to find him as soon as possible" Tamayo told them.

"We actually did, but so far, we don't know his exact location. I couldn't even detect his scent inside this place." Tanjirou said. Giyuu also confirmed what Tanjirou just said.

"I suggest for (Y/N) to be the one who look for Muzan" all of them heard Amane. "He could probably see something that we couldn't with his sharingan" Amane told her reason.

"I don't think it's a good idea. I can't leave all of you by yourself in this kind of place. Demons could be lurking anywhere" (Y/N) told them.

"Then, let us protect them while you go to find Muzan." Giyuu suggested. "Giyuu is right (Y/N)! Both of us will protect Oyakata-sama and the others. You can count on us, (Y/N)" Tanjirou told (Y/N).