~ Chapter 24 ~ (Ultimate Defense)

"1"

"2"

"3"

"4"

"5"

"6"

"7...."

The demon keep counting in front of Shinobu who is laying on the ground powerless in front of the demon. Shinobu try her best to control her breathing. As she breath, she can feel her whole body in pain.

She has to get up, she has too. But even if she stand up, she still need to fight the demon in front of her. It is her responsibility as the member of the Demon Slayer Corps.

However she don't know how to handle this demon. All her attack proven to be futile against the demon. She is feeling more frustrated than ever right now. Without she realise, her eyes starts to produce tears.

She really miss Kanae right now. She just want to meet her sister right now...

"8"

"9"

"10..."

The demon looked down on Shinobu who still laying down on the ground breathing slowly. "As I expected, your just a waste of my time..." the demon said.

The demon then raises his right foot high. "I'll end your misery form right now" the demon said while his foot is on top of Shinobu. Shinobu closed her eyes. The demon then slamed his foot to Shinobu making a crater on the ground while dust on the ground flying around on the air.

When the dust is clear, he looked at the crater but there is no blood splattered. He looked on the ground in wonder. Then the demon heard a soft thud behind him.

The demon turned around and saw a figure wearing a black cloak decorated with red clouds and a conical hat concealing his face. The figure is holding the girl in his arms. Shinobu opened her eyes back, she looked at the one who saved her. She recognised the figure instantly.

"I-Itachi..." Shinobu said in surprise. The demon also recognised the figure who is called 'Itachi'. "Soo you're the one who is rumoured among the demons... The one who managed to reduce the demons in large numbers for years." the demon said.

Shinobu is also shocked when she heard the demon, she was already suspicious about the stranger, Itachi since the first time they met but she didn't expect about this.

"You'll be more entertaining than that girl in your hands. Come..." the demon said while preparing himself. The figure however stood silently while still holding Shinobu.

"I know your still injured but could you hold tight on my back?" Itachi asked. "Just leave me here, I'll be fine while you handle the demon" Shinobu said.

"No..." (Y/N) told Shinobu. "Then how will you fight while holding me? I'll just be a burden and slow you down. You need to understand that this demon is not like others of his kind. He is very powerful." Shinobu said.

"All I ask is for you to trust me once" Itachi said calmly. Shinobu sighed before nodded. Itachi put down Shinobu gently before turning around. Shinobu then climbed on Itachi's back.

"Hold tight" Shinobu heard Itachi. "Listen Itachi, that demon is not just powerful. He's also very skillful. When I fought him, he predicted all of my attack easily. His body is very durable, you need to put much force to even penetrate his skin." Shinobu told Itachi.

"I see... Then we need a bigger blade" Itachi said. Shinobu looked at the back in wonder what would Itachi plans to stop the demon. But she didn't see Itachi's eyes which started to change.