••☆ Chapter 22: "Two Hearts" (Part1) ☆••

The next morning, Dylan finally agreed to be checked by the doctor

The next morning, Dylan finally agreed to be checked by the doctor. He was mildly dehydrated and got some bruises on his back, left arm and legs. After his treatment, he requested to stay in one room with Rose, so he would know once she woke up.

"Dylan, the cops returned your phone. They found it in the warehouse, but it's badly wrecked." Mrs. Walton told him.

"Don't throw it away. I have important files in there." he replied.

"Okay, I'll just leave it in your room then." she said.

"Um... mom?" he called.

"Yes?" she answered

"Rose saved me. If not for what she did, I'm probably dead right now. You know that, right?" he asked.

"Yes, and I'm very thankful to her." she answered.

"Can we give her something? I know she won't ask for anything in exchange for saving me, but I want her to hear something good when she wakes up." he requested.

"Sure, what do you want to give her?" she asked willingly.

"She wants to study this year. Can we help her?" he asked.

"That won't be a problem." she agreed.

He smiled. "But don't tell her I asked for it."

"Okay, I will arrange a scholarship for her." she told him.

"Thanks, mom" he replied with a smile.

She smiled too.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

In the afternoon, Dylan woke up after taking a short nap. He rose from bed and stretched his arms. "This bed is terrible." he complained, scratching his back.

"Yeah, I agree." Rose said.

He was surprised when he heard her voice. "Rose?" he called, making sure his ears were not fooling him.

"Did you write this note?" she asked, holding a piece of paper with 'Call me when you wake up' written on it.

Without answering, he hopped down his bed and approached her. "Hey, you okay?" he asked anxiously.

She could see the worried look on his face. "My back hurts." she complained.

"Wait here, I'll call a nurse." he said.