••☆ Chapter 20: "Rich Guy" (Part2) ☆••

At the mall, Dylan picked a pair of leather shoes and a box of assorted neckties for his dad

"Are you hungry?" he asked Rose.

"Mmm... No, I just want to drink something warm." she answered.

"Yeah, me too." he replied.

"Oh, I saw a coffee take-out stand outside." she remembered.

"Okay, let's go there." he agreed.

She led the way. Near an empty playground, they found the small coffee stand. She ordered a hot chocolate drink while Dylan chose a cup of mocha cappuccino.

"Would you like to sit for a while?" she asked.

"Sure" he agreed.

She took him to a small bench in front of the playground. There, they sat down and rested. As Rose was sipping from her cup, she spotted the mysterious grey van again on the verge of the road next to the coffee stand. She was about to tell Dylan about it, but he suddenly spoke. "Oh no, Rose. I forgot the paper bag at the coffee stand."

She looked at his hand and saw it was really empty. "All right, stay here. I'll get it."

"Okay" he replied.

She got up and walked fast back to the coffee stand. When she got there, she immediately saw the paper bag under the counter table. She stooped down and grabbed it.

When she got up, the grey van suddenly disappeared from where she saw it. She became a bit suspicious. She searched around to find it. When she looked behind her, she saw it moving away. Then, it suddenly stopped in front of where Dylan was sitting.

The door burst open. Then, two men wearing face masks jumped out and ran towards him.

Rose was taken aback. She immediately sensed it was something bad. She quickly darted back as fast as she could. As she was running, the two masked men grabbed Dylan's arms and forced him to stand.

"Hey!" she yelled.

Dylan tried to pull himself backwards, but the two men overpowered him and dragged him to the van.

Rose managed to reach him before they forced him into the vehicle. She grabbed his coat and pulled him back.

"Let go of him!" she brawled.

"Hurry up!" a frantic male voice coming from the van yelled.

Rose heard it.

"Just get them both! Hurry!" the voice barked again.

One of the men grabbed Rose's arm and pushed her inside aggressively. She screamed.

"Rose!" Dylan called, panicking.