••☆ Chapter 23: "Beautiful Rival" (Part1) ☆••

"Are you jealous when Serena is with him?" Max asked

Rose scoffed. "Maybe... But I'll still wait until he sees me before I tell him about it, and if he change his mind, I will not stop him. I'll give him freedom to decide... and to choose." she replied in a calm voice. "But... honestly... I would rather see him choose that girl over me. They look better together. I bet she also came from a wealthy family. She can definitely give Dylan all he'll need." she added selflessly.

"Why do you always lower yourself for others?" he asked in a concerned tone.

She chuckled. "I grew up depending on my own. I don't expect beyond my limits... because I'm scared to get hurt... and to get stuck at the bottom unable to move on."

He stared at her for a moment. "Why don't you try to see your own worth, and your importance to other people?" he asked. "It's not wrong to accept things that are more than what you already have." he added.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

After they spent an hour outside, Max took Rose back to her room. They found Dylan alone in his bed.

"Where is Serena?" Max asked.

"Where is Rose?" he blurted.

"I'm here." she answered.

When he heard her voice, he cooled down. "Tania called her. She left a few minutes ago." he told them. "Where have you been?"

"I just took her outside the hospital, so she could loosen up." Max answered, then he carried her back to her bed.

"Thank you, Max... for all your help." she told him sincerely.

"You're welcome. Just hit me up if you need me." he replied.

She nodded and smiled.

"I have to go now. Take care of yourself. I'll find time to visit you again." he told her.

"Okay" she replied.

When he left the room, Dylan began to feel tense. "Um... about Serena. She's just an old friend." he said.

"Yeah, I know. Max told me about her." she replied.

He got out of his bed and approached her. "Hey... If you need anything, tell me. I'll try my best to help you."

"Okay, I will." she replied softly, looking at his concerned face.

"Can I stay in your bed?" he requested. "I don't like mine."

"Our beds are the same." she told him.

"No, they're not... Please? I'm really bored in there. Promise, I'll behave myself." he pleaded.