••☆ Chapter 5: "Independent Girl" (Part2) ☆••

At the next stop, Rose and Dylan went off the bus

"Come on, we still need to walk one more block from here." she told him.

"Where're you really taking me?" he asked.

"You're gonna love it. I'm sure you will forget your vampy ex-girlfriend once we get there." she assured confidently.

"You better make sure of it." he replied.

"Wait, stop!" She yanked him.

He ceased his feet. "What?" he asked in a shocked tone.

"There's a shit in front of you." she told him, then she pulled him away from it.

"Really? I almost stepped on a shit? ...This is one reason why I don't do commute." he replied in a finicky manner.

Rose rolled her eyes. After a ten-minute walk, she took him to a hidden park. They walked a little further and went to a small fishing dock. Dylan felt the strong wind on his skin.

"We're here." she said. "In front of you is a big wide open lake. I call this a secret piece of utopia. Only few people know this place exists." she told him.

"Really? How big it is?" he wondered.

"It's so big, you have to swim for I guess more than half an hour to cross it." she answered. "Take off your shoes."

"Why?" he asked.

"Just do it, trust me." she replied.

He did.

Rose guided him to the end of the planks, then they sat down together.

"Put down your feet." she told him.

He did, then he felt the cold water.

"Just wait" she said.

In just a short while, he felt something on his feet. "Hey, what's that?" he asked in a worried tone.

"Don't be scared. Those are just little fish kissing your feet. It tickles, right?" she said, chuckling.

He smiled.

"This lake is undisturbed. The water is so clear. You can almost see the bottom." she told him. She sounded like a voice telling a fairy tale story.