••☆ Chapter 14: "Fear of Loneliness" (Part2) ☆••

Max took Rose to the rocky side of Brighton beach

Max took Rose to the rocky side of Brighton beach. Since winter was approaching, the place had fewer people. The wind was strong and the sky was slightly gloomy.

"What do you think?" he asked.

Rose stood in awe as she was feasting her eyes on the dreary view. "A nature photographer would be so obsessed with this place."

"Wanna give it a try?" he asked.

"Hell yeah!" she answered excitedly.

He chuckled. "Go ahead. Take pictures as many as you can."

She did. She took her camera out and began to search for a good angle. After she took a number of pictures, she looked back at him. "Would you like to pose for me?"

He was actually hoping for it. He agreed with all gladness.

After she spent another hour taking more pictures with him, she finally felt satisfied.

"We're good, Max!" she yelled.

He was on the top of a huge rock.

"Careful!" she told him as he was hopping down.

"How is it?" he asked, approaching her.

"Are you attending a modelling job?" she asked in a curious tone.

He chuckled. "No"

"Really? How come you pose like a pro?" she asked, looking at his photos in her camera roll.

He felt a bit embarrassed, but flattered. "Are you hungry? I know a popular coffee shop around here. Wanna go?"

"Yeah, sure" she agreed.

When they arrived at the place, Rose ordered a slice of cheesecake and a hot cappuccino while Max asked for a butter croissant and a cup of coffee.

At their table, while they were eating, he took a small box out of his pocket and gave it to her.

"What is this?" she asked.

"I know it's a bit late, but I still want to give you a birthday gift." he told her, smiling shyly.

"Max, taking me here is enough." she replied.

"Please don't give it back." he pleaded, still smiling.

She gave in. "Thanks" She smiled back.

"Open it" he said.

She did. Inside, she found a beautiful white hair bow.

"I like your unique hair, so I bought that for you, but I wasn't sure of the color, so..." He was undone talking when she interrupted him.

"I like it. Thanks again." she said, smiling genuinely.