••☆ Chapter 24: "Stupid Mistake" (Part 1) ☆••

The next day, Rose went out again to meet her friends, but before seeing them, she headed to a shop to get her violin repaired

"This damage doesn't look accidental to me." the repairman said.

"Yeah, someone cut them on purpose." Rose replied.

"It must be an unruly kid." he guessed.

"Nope, an unruly bitch" she corrected.

He chuckled. "All right, just get it back after two days."

"Okay, thanks" she replied, then she went on her way to the Main street.

In an apartment building, she went up to the second floor and looked for a room number. When she found it, she knocked on the door. In just a few seconds, someone answered it.

"Rosalyn! ...Hey, guys! She's here." Rex yelled with a big smile on his face.

"Hi, Rex" Rose greeted delightedly.

He gave her a hug. "We really miss you."

Inside the room, Rose saw more of her friends. They were on the couches.

"You've been very busy lately." Emma said.

"Yeah... You know I need to earn money for college." Rose replied as she joined them.

"Are you really not going to change your mind?" Rex asked, pouting.

Rose looked down and smiled sadly.

"You don't need to go to college. You're smart. You can live your life without a degree." Emma told her.

"I agree with her. We have each other. We'll live our lives while exploring the world. Aren't you interested in that anymore? I remember, you're the one talking a lot about travelling." Rex recalled.

"I'm still not giving up my dream to see the world, but I made a deal with my boss. I need to wait until his vision is restored." she told them.

"What kind of deal?" Jean asked in a curious tone.

"Sorry, I can't tell you. It's... confidential." she answered hesitantly.

"When will your boss get his sight back anyway?" Paul asked.

"In three months, he'll get a donor for his corneas." she answered.