••☆ Chapter 27: "Faithful Touch" (Part 1) ☆••

In the living room, Rose handed Dylan a cup of coffee

In the living room, Rose handed Dylan a cup of coffee. "Careful, it's hot." she told him, then she noticed he was smiling. "You can't hide your excitement, huh?"

He chuckled. "Yeah" He lifted his cup and took a sip. "I'm excited to see you for the first time. I'm also a bit nervous." he said, still chuckling. "Okay, hold this." He handed the cup back to her.

She took it.

He turned his body to her and held her face. "Let's see. Mmm... You have a small pointed nose, thin lips. Your lashes are pretty thick, and your eyebrows too... Your face is small. Your hair is very long, and you have little bangs right here... I bet you look lovely." he asserted.

She was looking at his face smiling. "Don't expect too much. This face is not a super model face." she told him.

"I don't have to expect. I'm very sure I will still love you no matter what you look like." he said confidently. "Hey, if my eyes got better before Valentine's Day, let's go back to the church that day." he requested.

"So you like that place now, huh?" she asked.

"Yeah. Let's make it our secret place." he replied.

She sniggered. "Okay"

Serena overheard their conversation. She was hiding behind the wooded divider. She was full of hatred at that moment. She feared she would lose if she would not take an immediate action. Desperate, she left the house with a thoughtless decision.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

The next day, Rose helped Dylan take his first eye exam before his surgery. The doctor took measurements and looked for any possible unrelated problems that might occur during the operation.

He was also instructed to stop taking medication three days before his cornea transplant schedule.

"All my test results are fine. The doctor said I'm a good recipient for the donor's corneas. She's 95% sure the operation will be successful. That's a pretty good rating." he said.

"Yeah. Just follow what your doctor told you." Rose replied.

"Our contract will end next week. You have to sign up for an extention." he told her.

"No need. I'll stay until you fully recovered." she responded.

He chuckled. "Yeah, but you still have to sign."

She looked at him suspiciously, then she sighed. "Fine"

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

In the afternoon, Rose left to get her violin back. While she was away, Serena accompanied Dylan in his bedroom. "Let's have a little drink. Let's celebrate your upcoming surgery." she invited him.