••☆ Chapter 29: "Wrong World" (Part 1) ☆••

In the following days, Dylan continued to prepare himself for his upcoming surgery

In the following days, Dylan continued to prepare himself for his upcoming surgery. All his last few eye exams went well. He was told that everything was set for his cornea transplant.

“Hey, stay in the recovery room until I wake up after my operation tomorrow, okay?” he requested.

“Okay” Rose answered. She was leaning her arms on the railing of the second floor balcony looking at the view.

“Now, I can clearly feel I’m really nervous.” he said, chuckling.

“Don’t think about the pain you’ll get from it. Think about what’s waiting for you after it instead.” she told him.

He went behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “When I get better, let’s escape from here. Let's go somewhere. Just the two of us. Where do you want to go?” he asked.

She blinked heavily as she was looking from afar. “I want to see you fully recovered first before I tell you where I want to go.” she answered softly.

He smiled. “Okay… When you become my girlfriend, I will spoil you. I will return all the things you've done for me while I’m blind. I can finally become a real man for you. I’ll take care of you when you’re sick. I’ll drive you anywhere you want to go, and I’ll protect you from anything... All you need to do is to stay by my side.” he whispered in her ear.

She smiled. She smiled despite the tears in her eyes. At that moment, as she was listening to his beautiful words, she felt both the happiest and saddest.

“Are you crying?” he asked when he heard her sniffed several times.

She did not answer.

He held her arms and turned her. When he held her face, he found out it was wet. “Hey, what’s the matter?” he asked in a worried tone.

“I’m just… I'm just happy for you. That's all.” she answered, gasping.

He chuckled. “If you’re happy, then why are you crying? ...Come here.” He wiped her tears off, then he embraced her tightly in his arms.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

The next day, Dylan’s parents and close friends gathered in the hospital to give him encouragement before his surgery.

“We’ll see you in a bit, bro.” Steve said, tapping his shoulder.

“Yeah. Things will be better after your surgery.” Max told him.

“Thanks, guys” he replied with a smile.

Mrs. Walton approached him and held his cheek. “Sweetie, you’re in good hands. You’re going to be okay.”

“Yes, son. We’ll be waiting for you here.” Mr. Walton also gave his words.