••☆ Chapter 26: "Wonderful Gifts" (Part 1) ☆••

Serena was taken aback

Serena was taken aback. She turned her head to Rose and looked at her tensely. "Are you accusing me? Do you have a proof?" she retorted.

"This house has surveillance cameras inside and out. Plus, I have a witness." Rose answered calmly. She could see guilt slowly appearing on Serena's face. "I just don't know how Dylan will react if he finds out about it." she added.

Serena felt more tense. She knew she could not deny it anymore. "Fine! I did it. So what? Dylan will forgive me. I know he can't resist me." she claimed in a boastful tone.

Rose smirked. "Don't worry. I will not use it against you. I may be just an ordinary girl, but I know how to play fair."

"I'm not scared of you. I will change his mind. I will make him fall in love with me instead. I'm confident he will not say no to this face when he finally sees me." Serena asserted.

Rose smirked again. "If he chose you, I'll let him, and you won't hear anything from me, but if he chose me... you can never touch him again, not even the tip of his finger." she said, looking straight into her eyes.

Serena was alarmed, but she didn't show it. "Huh! You have the nerve. You really don't want to place yourself back to where you belong. Well, what can I expect from a cheap person like you?"

"I feel the same way about you. I hate rich people who don't hesitate to do terrible things because they think they're entitled to do whatever they want... Money can buy beauty, but it can never fix a twisted mind." Rose replied, maintaining her calm tone.

Serena scowled at her. "You can't stop me. Call me a bitch all you want, but I will do everything to get him from you."

"Do whatever you want. I'm just his helper anyway... but I won't hold back if you ended up hurting him instead." Rose warned.

"I will never hurt him." Serena raised her voice.

"Yeah, never. You better keep your words." she replied.

"Huh! I'm impressed. How can you stay calm in front of your rival?" Serena asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I'm not desperate like you. I'm contended with what I have. I don't ask for more, but that doesn't mean I will refuse if something big knocks on my door. Actually, I just learned that recently." she answered.

"Are you talking about Dylan?" Serena asked.

"Believe it or not, I did my best to change his mind, but then I realized I don't have to be selfish to myself nor do I have to him just because our world is different... Once his sight is restored, and he still feels the same way for me, I think that part of my life which I never thought would happen to me, will make me love him more than the air I breathe." she answered truthfully.