••☆ Chapter 21: "Clever Girl" (Part2) ☆••

"Put your gun down!" a male voice suddenly barked from behind

When they looked, five cops appeared pointing their guns at the kidnapper. Rose felt quite relieved when she saw them.

The kidnapper panicked seeing he was being surrounded.

Rose doubted he would cooperate.

The cops could not do a major move because their target was still pointing his gun at his captives.

"Don't shoot, or I will kill these kids!" he warned.

"Put your gun down, now!" the officer repeated in a strong voice.

The man still refused to obey.

Rose watched him as he began to take cautious steps towards them.

"Don't do it. Don't give us a reason to shoot you." the officer warned.

"Try it! You kill me, I'll take these kids to this grave with me." he warned back.

When he continued to walk towards them, Rose assumed he would take them as his hostages. She was alarmed.

When she looked at Dylan, she saw extreme exhaustion and pain showing visibly on his face. Struck by pity and fear for him, she made a selfless decision. She let go of his hand and pushed him down the pit. Then, she slowly walked towards the kidnapper as she was raising her hands in the air.

Seeing she was approaching him, the man made his steps bigger. When he got her, just as she suspected he would, he made her his hostage.

When Rose heard Dylan's voice calling her name, she felt relieved he was all right. The man then began to drag her backwards while holding her one arm tightly. He was behind her trying to cover his body.

"Don't follow us, or I'll blow her head off!" he warned.

"Stop this now. Drop your gun and release the girl. You have nowhere to go." the officer said calmly.

The man didn't listen and continued to drag Rose away. "I said don't follow us!" he barked again seeing the cops moving slowly towards them.

Rose could feel the muzzle of his gun digging on her temple.

When the cops realized it was a critical situation, they held back.

Before the kidnapper dragged Rose through the frozen dirt of the uncultivated field behind them, she saw a cop jumped down the pit. She knew by then that Dylan would be safe.