••☆ Chapter 30: "Painful Choice" (Part 2) ☆••

Alone, Dylan stared at the white envelope on the table

Alone, Dylan stared at the white envelope on the table. He was both nervous and uncertain at that moment. He could feel his heart pounding really fast. He knew he wanted to see them, but he was not sure thinking that he had no more reason to know who she really was now that she's gone.

Confused, he rubbed his face with his palms. After a few more minutes in agony, he snatched the envelope and went back to his room. There, he sat on his bed and breathed heavily trying to release the loads inside of him. Then, he looked at the envelope and opened the fold. He inserted his two fingers into the opening and slowly pulled the photos out.

Right there, he saw a blue-haired girl in a pink dress smiling while holding a violin. He immediately realized it was when they were at Karen's wedding.

He moved the photo close to his eyes and stared at her small white face. She was very similar to the girl he'd been imagining all throughout the time they were together.

After he let out a deep breath, he proceeded to see the next photo. There, she was at a table holding a coffee mug. She was looking at the camera that time smiling shyly. He felt as if she was looking at him in that picture. That thought though made him feel very sad again.

After pulling himself together, he proceeded to the last photo. There, they were together. It was taken at Lake George. She was laughing at him while he was sitting on the ice. She looked very happy.

After he saw all the photos, he recalled his memories with her and put the missing piece, but when his chest began to ache, he quickly went back to reality. His mind shifted by itself to the fact that he lost her by the time he wanted her to be with him the most. The fact that he would never experience watching her speak, smile, laugh, eat, or sleep continued to crush him.

His heart ached even more when he realized his lips could never touch hers again, and his body could never feel her warm skin again.

All that in his mind, he suddenly became cold, and his mind turned blank. It was as if he was confined in a dark room again.

"Damn it, Rose. How could you do this to me? ...You seriously think this will save my future? ...I think not... Leaving me like this will only make me go fucking crazy." he muttered, feeling angry and lonely at the same.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

The next morning, a package was delivered to the house. It was for Rose.

After Bridgette received it, she quickly went to her boss's room to show it.

"Sir? There's a package for Rose." she yelled after knocking.