••☆ Chapter 8: "Old Enemy" (Part1) ☆••

In the morning, Rose came back to the house

In the morning, Rose came back to the house. Dylan was already in the living room waiting for her.

"Hey" she greeted.

"Finally, you're here." he replied.

"Why? You want to do something?" she asked.

"I heard my phone beeped several times. Here, read my messages for me." he said, reaching his phone to her.

She took it, then she sat beside him. "Why didn't you use your voice access?" she asked.

"It can't read shortcut words." he answered.

She looked at his phone. "All right... This one is from Lloyd."

- storm race on the weekend. 100,000 bucks 1st prize! -

After she read it, she saw Dylan did a heavy expression. She didn't ask about it. She proceeded. "Okay, next is from Tania"

- Hi, Dee dee! We're comin back home next month. We'll visit u! -

She chuckled. "Dee-dee?" she asked, still sniggering.

"That's my cousin. She calls me with that nickname since we were kids." he reasoned.

"Okay, Dee-dee. Next is Rupert." she continued.

- Yo! Conrad's bday on Sunday. he told me to invite u. he wants to make it up with u. I sent u an invitation. check it out! -

Rose saw Dylan did a bothered reaction. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"I'm not in good terms with Conrad." he answered.

"He wants to make peace with you." she replied.

He gave it some thought. "Okay, I'll go... but you will come with me."

"Hey, that's Sunday." she complained.

"I can't go there by myself... Okay, how about this? Since I'll just get your time at night, make Saturday your day off too for this week." he offered.

She sighed as she frowned. "Fine" she agreed unwillingly.

"All right, now take me to Center Avenue" he bossed.

"As in right now? What are you going to do there?" she asked.

"To buy new clothes for the party." he answered.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. You're rich and you buy clothes even if it's not necessary." she said sarcastically, then she got up.

"I can't wear old clothes at a party. They will notice it. That's embarrassing." he reasoned.