••☆ Chapter 10: "Wrong Direction" (Part2) ☆••

As they were frantically searching on their way, Max and Rose heard a distant voice

"Did you hear that, Max?" Rose asked.

"Yes" he answered.

They stopped and listened.

"Help..."

When the voice became clearer, they immediately ran to where they thought it was coming from.

"Dylan!" Rose called.

After Dylan bumped into another tree, he heard a voice calling his name. He knew it was Rose. He quickly got up from the ground and traced his way again.

"Rose! ...Rose, I'm here!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.

As they were running, Rose and Max both saw someone scampering at a short distance.

"It's him." Max confirmed.

"Dylan!" Rose called again.

Dylan felt relieved hearing Rose's voice moving towards him.

When they finally reached him, she quickly held his arms. He pulled her close and embraced her tightly.

"There's something following me. I don't know what it is, but I think it's a bear." he said, catching his breath.

Max looked around the place, but he didn't find a bear. When he walked a bit more closer to where Dylan came from, he spotted an adult racoon climbing a tree.

"It's just a racoon, Dylan." he told him.

Rose looked at him and gave him a hard slap in the face.

"Aww! Jesus Christ" he yelped.

Max was shocked.

"You scared all the shit out of me! Are you out of your mind? What makes you think it's okay for you to take a walk into the woods by yourself? What if there's really a bear out here?" She scolded him like an angry mother.

"I just wanted to take a whizz." he reasoned.

"Then, why didn't you call me?" she asked in an upset tone.

"Because... well... Can we just go back? I'm really tired and my head hurts." he complained.

She noticed a red spot on his forehead. When she brushed his hair away, she found a bleeding wound on his left temple. After she saw that, her anger subsided. "All right, let's get outta here."